Chapter 4 The Date

Well, I woke up a little dizzy the next morning. I don't know what that doctor gave me, but I'm sure I don't remember.
The doctor walked in.
"Ma'am, we can go now" the doctor said with a smile on his face.

"But I don't have a place to stay."
"I still don't remember where I live."
"Oh, I've already figured that out" the doctor said.

"Oh really, great!" "Where do I live?"

"With me."

"What?" I said looking confused.

"Yeah, you can live with me."

"No no no, I don't think you understood me clearly... I don't know where I live."

"I know you don't, that's why you can stay with me," he said.

"I don't understand, why do you want me to stay with you?" I said.

"Well, because I don't really have a life outside of being a doctor." "My wife died about a year ago, and I was sad and depressed-

"Wait a second.... are you asking me out?" I asked.

"Well, if you don't want to then-

"No it's not that... it's just that I feel a little awkward going out with a doctor after a week of meeting you", I said.

"But I suppose if we can keep it a secret... then sure we can go out", I said.

"Okay then it's a date," he smiled gleefully.

Then I thought of what that other man Joe had said. What if he's right. Was this too good to be true? I didn't know anymore. All I knew was that I was on a date with this man.

The date was pretty good. I had steak what I suppose would be for the first time. Then he tried to kiss me.

"Look, I know that we're on a date, but let's just take things slowly," I said.

"Oh.... I understand" he said with a disappointing look on his face.

Maybe there was something about this doctor. I just didn't know what it was.

Finally, we went home. I don't know wether to call it home or not considering that I now lived with a stranger.

We slept in separate rooms. I just didn't feel comfortable trying to sleep with him.

So I closed my eyes and fell asleep.