𝟓𝟔. Château

"Pass me that one."

"This one?"

"No, that one."

"This one?"

"No, the one next to it."

"Here?"

"No! Bloody hell. Look where I'm pointing, Leah."

"Oh. This one?"

"Yes! Thank you!"

Draco took the book from her and stacked it on top of the growing tower.

Valentine hadn't asked them to follow her to the library but here they were, stacking books on top of one another with far too much dedication. Draco standing on a table was always a bad sign.

She sat by the fire, reading a new book she'd gotten for Christmas. It was decent by clearly not enough to keep Draco and Leah occupied. Their book tower was at least six feet by now. Valentine didn't think they'd contemplated what they would do when it got too tall for either of them to reach it, even standing on the table. Personally, she was just keeping an eye out for the sound of dozens of books falling to floor and sighs of utter defeat and frustration.

"Okay, now pass me that one."

"The red one?"

"Are you blind? I'm clearly pointing at the green one."

"Well, then point more clearly!"

"You can't get any clearer than this, Leah!"

"Then that's your failure!"

"Just get the damn book would you?"

"Get it yourself! I'm sick of this job, let's switch!"

"Right. And let you knock the whole thing over. Great idea."

"I'll be careful!"

"You have never been careful in your whole freaking life!"

How about you both stop using the books as construction materials and actually read them for once?

"Alright, what's the yelling about..." Narcissa trailed off as she entered the room. "What in the world are you doing?"

"Building a tower." Said Leah.

"Yes, I can see that. Why?"

"We were bored."

"Did you ever think that perhaps you could read the books?"

That's what I'm saying!

"Why would we do that?" Draco frowned.

"For the love of- Draco, get down off that table this instance, before you break your neck!"

"As if I'd be so lucky." He scoffed.

"Draco!" She scolded him. "You know I don't like you speaking like that."

"I do know, yes."

Narcissa sighed and Valentine could practically hear her placing her hand on either hip.

"Surely you can find something to do that doesn't put anyone in danger?"

"Probably." Said Draco. "But it doesn't sound like it would be much fun."

"And how is stacking books fun?"

"We were going to push it over when it was finished!" Leah announced.

"You have an entire multi-acre estate at your disposal and the most amusing thing you can find to do is push over a stack of books?"

"I don't really think you want an answer to that." Said Draco.