{Chapter 1}

It was December 23, two days before Christmas. Everyone was at their house getting ready for the holiday at their houses with some of their friends. Yet one of the group's members wasn't so festive. At Aphmau's house she laid there on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She turned on her side and looked at her alarm clock that showed the date.

"December 23.", she sighed out.

She sat up and climbed out of bed walking over to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead. After she finished bathing she went to her closet at took out a lilac off the shoulder blouse and a pair of light blue jeans. She was about to head down the stairs when she looked at a chair in the room. There lay on it Aaron's hoodie and bandana. She walked over to the chair and wrapped the jacket around her waist and then took up the bandana. She looked at it with glossy eyes, tears threatening to fall.

One of the tear drops fell on the cloth. Aphmau quickly wiped away the other tears and thought to herself, "C'mon Aph, it's just a few more months. Don't be a downer for everyone else."

She tied the bandana around her wrist then walked downstairs to prepare breakfast. Eggs, toast, and orange juice. She placed it on the table and began to eat, sighing every once and awhile between chews. She finished eating and up her plate in the sink to wash it. Just before she put the soap on the sponge the doorbell rang.

"Hmmm? Was I expecting anyone?", she questioned aloud.

Aphmau put down the sponge and soap bottle and went to the door. She opened it and saw a beaming Kawaii~chan and Zane.

"Hi Aphmau~senpai!", the pink-haired meif'wa cooed.

"Hey Kawaii~chan. Hi Zane.", she smiled back.

"Umm..., how are you doing.", Zane stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"I'm okay. I hope you guys are okay also."

"Yep! Kawaii~chan came over with Zane~kun to make cookies and cupcakes."

"Oh right!", Aphmau slapped her face remembering her plans for today, "Come on in.", she gestured them inside.

"Hmm...what type of cookies and cupcakes should we make?", Kawaii~chan pondered aloud tapping her finger on her chin.

"Ooh! Aphmau~senpai, if you want we can....", she trailed of not wanting to bring 'him' up.

"Make what? Oh...", Aph realised what she was referring to.

"Umm..., let's make vanilla cupcakes and Aph can chose whatever she wants to make after.", Zane scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Zane~kun you're going to help bake with us!?", Kawaii~chan bounced up and down excitedly.

"Of course he isn't.", Aphmau looked back up with a smile on her face, "He's only here to eat the cupcakes."

Kawaii~chan giggled, "I didn't know you liked cupcakes Zane~kun."

"Yeah, and no one was supposed to know either.", he mumbled the last part.

Aphmau laughed, "Let's make Zane his cupcakes-"

"Your cupcakes.", Zane cut in.

"OUR cupcakes," Aphmau said again, "And then can we make oatmeal cookies?"

"Sure Aphmau~senpai!", Kawaii~chan smiled and bounced over to the kitchen to get the stuff from the cupboards.

Zane looked around the house, noticing the lack of decoration. Usually his best friend's house would be decorated from top to bottom. But he supposed things..., changed this year.