39. Men talks

Valerio's POV

Every passing day is making me impatient, and I am just on the verge of breaking others as well as Rogers. This fucking piece of man is making me wait for hours every day, when I need to discuss with him everything important.

“Mr Rogers is ready to meet.” Rogers assistant delivered those shitty repetitive words.

“What is your name?” I asked.

“It's Kayla Michaels.” She grinned like a fool.

I hate this grin. I remember Dahlia, my slutty assistant used to wear those tights clothes and one day, she poured water over herself to show her red bra. They were curvy but My Principessa has better breast. A delicious one.

Wait.

My Principessa.

I don't remember hurting her. All I remember spitting those hurtful words to her when she confessed her feeling to me.

Nothing will justify my actions after that. I raped her. But for a while, I thought she's seducing me to replace Beth.

It took me a lot of time to process that she doesn't know about the similarity between her and Beth. They resemble each other in many ways. Beth has a lighter complexion in the matter of skin colour, eye, hair, even nature but Sarai is the opposite. Sarai appears a darker version of my Beth and refuses to surrender. This is the capability that makes her more desirable.

Sarai prefers to fight and give a good competition until she gives up. Her decision ability is quick and better. And the best thing, she knows when to quit. This makes her a feisty woman.

It was hard for me to believe her when she said that I am normal and someone drugged me. After all, I am a mafia prince and who wants to invite their death? But I doubt.

Being born and brought up in the mafia, our training as future ruler starts in the womb. The mafia is no place for weak. Our mother narrates the story of the bravery of our father as a bedtime story and there's no lullaby, only the tales of brutality. Only stronger survive. But Rossi were different.

My father, Leonardo Rossi was an illegitimate child but his father doesn't have a son, and all his only heir, his daughter refused to be part of the mafia. So, Leonard Rossi took over the empire.

Our father loved our mother a lot but one drunk night with Abigail Evans cost him his marriage. Synn was born but for a Rossi, family comes first. Synn became our youngest brother and mama made sure, Synn loves us like his brothers. Despite being born as Rossi, he's more like Rogers. 

I hate Rogers.

Every boy wants to be him. Whether it's the youngest Rossi, Synn, Maxwell boy, Hunter, or it's Abioye. Even I see my Mac becoming Max.

“You need help?” The assistant, Leila, Lilly, whatever is her name offered. Her expression is disgusting. She's trying to seduce. But no one is better than my Sarai.

“I need your help.” I sighed. “Just fuck off… Girl” I warned her.

“Your behaviour is not acceptable.” Rogers rolled his eyes and opened the door of his office for me. “What brings you here?”

“Where is Sarai?” I asked without wasting any second. She was missing when I got up 2 weeks back. I see blood everywhere, on my body, my chest as if someone was touching me with blood on their hand.

“Don't you remember your actions?” He raised his eyebrows suspecting me. I despise this look. People never believes me. It is only Sarai who trust me and I want to prove to her that I deserve her trust.

“I remember, hurting her for trying to replace Beth in my heart.” I professed. My love for Beth is nothing new and everyone knows this universal truth.

“She was carrying a Rossi.” Rogers reminded me.

“Yes, I do remember watching the 4 pregnancy test kit in the bathroom.” I rolled my eyes. I knew I knocked her up. It's not my fault that she tastes amazing.

“You killed the child.” He accused. I remember asking my trusted Butler Thomas for a doctor's appointment for an abortion, but he insisted about the pill. I even talked to Dr Caius Solomon.

Sarai was right.

Someone drugged me for a year's, and forged my report for more than a half-decade. I doubted Antonio, but he was shocked to learn this from me and started muttering in Italian. Speaking of Italian means the truth.

A Rossi will never lie while speaking Italian. We respect our mother tongue despite being so disrespectful to the world. This was one many another thing, Sarai noticed. She knows me more than myself.

“You know about our secret,” I stated.

I was treated with silence by Rogers. Even he never lies. If he doesn't want to speak about the topic, he will simply inform the person about his disinterest but right now, no reply from him which means he knows the truth from the starting.

“Speak, you bastard,” I demanded but keeping posture calm, he leaned on his chair and looked at me, with his popular poker face.

“It's not my matter. Sara taught me an important lesson. I was subconsciously trying to control everybody. So no... I won't speak without the permission of the owner neither I'll interfere without invitation.”

“The infamous secret keeper,” I called him and laughed. I couldn't control myself. He has a good sense of humour. “I want Sarai,” I informed me.

“But she doesn't want you.” He said. “Her uterus is too weak to carry a child. She will never be able to conceive. She will never have her child.” He dropped the news.

My world stopped. I couldn't think anything for a while. All I could hear, she will never have her child. Her uterus is too weak. This is the second time in my 31 years of life that I felt guilty about hitting her. No doubt, the child she was carrying was mine. It could have been our mixture. Her look and my nature. But that child is no more.

“Her uterus is too weak to carry a child. She will never be able to conceive. She will never have her child”.

“I want Sarai... Not Her fertility. She doesn't need a child.” I challenged him. Everybody recognizes the affection of Rogers for Sarai, he will interfere, but I need Sarai. She is good for me. She made me realize that I have to be a better person for Eli, Silver, Max, Suri but right now, I want to be a better person for her. For my Sarai. For my Princess. But before everything, I need to find the person who betrayed my trust. And the answer is with My dear Butler Thomas.

“She's already hurt. Leave her...” Rogers raised his voice.

“I am hurt too. And I can't leave her...” I declared openly. “I already let My Beth go. But Sarai is not another option for me. She's my only option. If she goes, I'll burn everything down. You know this. You have My Beth because I let that happen... Not because your plan was a master-stroke.”

“She's planning revenge against you.” He said absent-mindedly.

“Why didn't you stop her?” I questioned but instead of answers, I meet with his confused face. A rare sight to see. “The affair.” I clarified.

“She's not ready to accept that they are using her bodies...... She thinks she's helping them.” He sighed. He must have tried his best but failed.

“She is too powerful... This will break my family.”

“Sara will dig this out.” He warned and then, I realised the gravity of the situation. I can't stop Sarai, she lost her baby and will not stop until she's satisfied, even if it ruined a family. An empire.

“Sarai is a wounded lioness now....” I accepted.