Sacred Mission.

I went to the terrace of the inn, and behind the gable roof at the front of the inn, there was flat terrace, which seemed like a small open passage, I walked through the terrace thinking about this place, and suddenly the willows grabbed my attention, which was standing like a marching army under the sun. I stooped at the parapet looking at them; I studied the aspect of the forest which was peculiar, and there was something about the forest which is hidden from us. I turned to my room, and made up my mind to visit the mansion; I grabbed a leather satchel, which was in the portmanteau, the satchel contained Holy objects which was used in exorcism and confining other evil powers. There was a Divine Amulet, which was tied with Holy Beads used in prayers; also I had the Holy Book, which was written with Holy Hymns of God, also I took camphor, censer, water sprinkler and tiny boxes of Holy Vermillion and Holy Ashes respectively.

I spread it across the bed to have a look at it. I never use to carry those objects, however, for this trip, my intuition was giving me a signal to carry them, and so my sense was right about it. I freshen up and pulled over the fresh clothes, and then, I slipped the Holy Amulet around my neck. I filled the water sprinkler with fresh water, and sprinkled Holy Vermillion for making it a Holy Water. After that, I put all the Holy Objects back to the satchel, I had a holster which had a 9mm pistol and a jagged dagger, which I had used in military service. I tied it under my slackly shirt, I kept the buttons open near the belly region, so that I can easily pull my weapons out. However, the shirt will not seem like it is unbuttoned, as I had arranged in that way. I stepped out of my room. I saw bell boy and ordered him to get me some water bottles, and he quickly handed it to me, I thanked him and paid him handsome tips. Mr Swamy was at the reception, I told him, that I am going to town to meet my friend, and will return the next day, and he acknowledged me. I didn't know that whether, I would be alive to come back.

I looked at the time, and it was 6.15 pm, the birds were fluttering over head, and the sun was setting in the west, I got an idea about the location of the mansion, there is a small road which lead to the mansion, it was at the right of the hotel, the mansion was across three kilometres away, and I walked towards the unknown. The climate was crispy; the wind was blowing from the south-west, ruffling my hair, the road moved through the woods, the shedding leaves had covered the road, I heard the sound of the river, moving under the bridge, and after moving further the tar road descended into a raw road. As the woods were getting thicker, I saw the Holy Basil plant and the Sacred Fig tree, and I borrowed a bunch of leaves from them, as their leaves are considered to be holy, and an immune against evil spirits. The sun had set, and now the chirping of the birds began huddling towards home. I crossed the raw road, and entered the strange world of the willows, the border of an alien world, which had no connection with our living world, and where we were strangers, and not welcomed. I had a strange feeling, when I entered their world, my brain filled with thought about the legend of the spirits, and deities of the places, where ancient people used to worship and admire them throughout the history. The raw road decreased to a small grassy lane, welcoming the twilight, and the lane snaked through the willows. The branches of the willows were scraping against my neck and face, I followed through the trail of the forest, and then I remembered about the dark column figure which ascended to the heaven, I stopped for a while looking around intuitively, to examine whether there is any bizarre object or things following my trail.

I stared into the bushes, and up into the sky, and out across the waters at distance where it was visible through the openings among the willows, and after confirming that there is no one, then I went ahead for my expedition through the lonely and haunted region. As the former officer in Indian Military, I am an expert in dealing with treacherous region of the forest, as I was posted on the border areas, where murky forests were covering the border region, and there is constant jeopardy of getting attacked by the terrorist or rebels. However, I had been successful in decimating those wretched enemies, who try to contaminate the sovereignty and peace of the nation. This forest was unfamiliar, and unwelcoming, perhaps the forest doesn't belong to mortal world.