chapter thirty-seven

THE BUS RIDE seemed to go over with limited difficulty

THE BUS RIDE seemed to go over with limited difficulty. There was heavy traffic meaning they barely moved. Georgia spent her time asleep, curled up against the window to her left.

Georgia was awoken by a putrid scent flooding her nose. It made her grimace as she sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, "What the fuck is that?" she asked, voice groggy.

"Some kid threw up," Isaac explained in annoyance. Georgia nodded and everybody filed off the bus. All the while, Coach Finstock was yelling about how much he hated the boy named Jared.

As they all stood around some random rest stop, Georgia spotted Stiles and Allison assisting Scott into the bathroom. He was covered in sweat and didn't look good.

Worried, Georgia went to follow but was interrupted by Isaac calling out to her, "Georgia."

"Yeah?" she turned back to him, hoping it'd be brief so she could go check on the others. Georgia was concerned that Scott was seriously hurt.

"We agree that the alphas shouldn't keep getting away with everything, right?" he stated the obvious.

"Yes," Georgia said slowly.

Isaac turned, nodding to Ethan, "Now's our chance. He's all alone, no one to help him."

Georgia's fear for her friends was slowly shifting into the hate she felt for the alpha pack. Isaac was right, they had the perfect chance to send a message right back at them.

"Let's go," Georgia nodded in agreement.

The two betas approached the alpha while he was in the middle of talking to Danny. Ethan turned his head, noticing their arrival. Glancing over their shoulders, he also realized that Scott wasn't around to stop them.

"Need something?" Ethan asked, gritting his teeth.

"Danny, move back," Georgia warned, though her glare never left Ethan's face.

"What? Why—?"

Georgia's balled up fist collided with Ethan's face, sending him to the side. Before Ethan could even try to retaliate, Isaac swooped behind him and held both of the alpha's arms back.

Danny's eyes widened as he stumbled backwards, watching as Georgia began to lash out. Punch after punch, Georgia beat down against Ethan's face and torso. It was like she was seeing red, it taking a great effort not to grow her claws and really do some damage.

"Georgia! Georgia—Isaac, stop her!" Coach was yelling crazily as a circle formed around the fight. A few phones were out recording and others watched on with wide eyes.

Colton stepped closer to the scene, wrapping his arms around Georgia's waist to try and pull her away. She flung him to the ground effortlessly, Colton letting out a groan.