15

Shivaay woke up from his sleep and saw Anika snuggled into his stomach and sleeping peacefully. Thinking about her reaction when she sees them like this, he decided to get up. He slowly placed her head on the cushion and caressed her hair making her pout cutely. He went inside a room and brought a duvet and covered her in it. He smiled as she sighed in comfort. Kneeling down on the floor next to her, he gently tucked her curls and stared at her innocent face for a while and got up when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Sitting at the small indoor pool, he took out his phone and saw all the messages. He replied to all but stopped seeing one particular one. His trance was broken by her voice.

A: What are you doing here?

S: Was going through my messages. Why did you wake up this soon? You could have slept for some more time..

Anika pouted and sat on the chair next to his. She rubbed her hands for heat and then placed them on her cheeks for warmth. He too did the same mimicking her. She narrowed her eyes at him while he shrugged.

A: What?

S: Your cheeks! They are totally pinkish.

A: It's because of this climate Shivaay..I don't understand how these people live here.

S: Silly question Ms. Talkative! They are used to this. Let's get you in before you freeze totally!

A: Oh hello, I am not weak! Let me tell you before hand, I have a body like Priyanka Chopra but with the strength of Dara Singh! So be careful SSO!

S: I will take your warning very seriously then...Wait what's SSO?

A: Shivaay Singh Oberoi, short form SSO! You have such a big name right, isiliye SSO! See how cute that sounds!

S: Hey stop calling me that! Call me by my name.

A: Kyu SSO ko bura laga? Koi baat nahi SSO, if you don't want me to call you as SSO then I won't call you SSO! After all you are my boss and I can't disrespect you right! From now on I won't call you SSO if that's what you want SSO! Is it okay SSO?

S: Alright it's enough...You called me SSO for 7 times!

A: SSO you are a CSO too. Now don't ask me again what is CSO! Calculator Singh Oberoi..

S: And are there any other names in the list?

A: Of course they are...Till now I named you as Bossy Singh Oberoi, Rude Singh Oberoi, Stubborn Singh Oberoi, Scary Singh Oberoi and...umm...that's it. Let's see how many more names you get in future!

She laughed while he shook his head hearing her. He pointed towards the room and she nodded and the duo left inside. 

A: Bahar chale for a walk! I am feeling bored.

S: But its so cool outside!

A: Please SSO please please please please!

S: Acha theek hai, meet you in 10 minutes.

Both left to their rooms to freshen up. Anika put on a black long woolen jacket along with a white scarf. Setting her hair, she moved out to see Shivaay waiting for her in a grey colored jacket with a black scarf.

S: Chale?

Anika nodded and the duo left. Entering the elevator, Shivaay punched the code and she stood next to him. Noticing 3 men entering the lift, he held her elbow and nudged her towards him and he stood to the other side of her. A smile formed on her face seeing his care. Looking at him she mouthed thank you while he blinked his eyes in approval.

A: Can't you keep your hair messy? It looks good!

S: Really?

A: Kisi ne nahi kaha aap ko? Tabhi..Mein kehti hun, messy kardo! Pure Madrid ke girls tumhare piche bhagenge!

S: Some other time then!

She nodded. Coming outside the restaurant, they walked to the right side of it.

A: Remember the route okay! Because I know I will forget while walking and talking and concentrating on the city.

S: Alright!

They began to walk on the snowy path and she adored everything she looked at. He too was looking at the buildings but constantly observing her. He smiled to himself the way she was in her own world enjoying every small thing.

S: By the look on your face, I can say that you like snow!

A: Like? No...I love snow. You know when I was in New York, I used to wait desperately for snow fall. In fact, the house I rented has a beautiful back yard. And it used to be covered totally in snow. Diya, my roomie and I, we shared so many moments in snow!

S: New York...for MBA?

A: Nah! To study photography. I always love it. Bachpan se bohot workshops bhi attend kiya tha!

S: Wow, that's amazing! So, professional photographer huh!

A: Aise hi samajh lo..

S: Now that I am your friend, answer this. Why did you prefer Oberoi Industries? And don't give me those typical interview answers okay!

A: It's my dream to work in corporate world. And my dad, he used to explain about stocks, shares, and he even made me read business page in the newspaper. And your company used to be in a leading position most of the times. Interest to work there developed over time. I should really thank your HR team okay...Just after coming from New York I decided to focus on my career and I saw advertisement of your company along with few others which I short listed and I also got a positive response from another company. And then the interview happened and so here I am with the CEO of the Oberoi group, Mr. SSO!

She chuckled at the end while he narrowed his eyes at her. A man walked a little behind them observing everything. Anika saw a park and asked Shivaay if they can go there. He nodded to her and the duo crossed the road and entered the park. Noticing a bench, the duo settled down. They were sitting silently and looked at the nature. The same man who followed them hid behind a tree and clicked a picture of them and sent it to his boss.

A little while later they heard a commotion from a direction and moved there. Anika went awe as she saw a group of 10 people dancing in front of a lady and a man suddenly emerged from behind and stood on his knees proposing that lady. She said yes and all the crowd cheered for them. Shivaay only noticed Anika's reactions and chuckled how Anika is shouting at the lady to say yes. All dispersed after a while and Anika still had a very big smile attached to her face.

A: That was really cute. Hai na Shivaay?

S: Hmm!

A: Sirf hmm...Itni thandi response! I think you don't believe in love.

S: Hey, I do believe in love...It's just that I am not good enough in expressing my emotions.

A: Shivaay, expressing emotions doesn't mean that you are shown as vulnerable. Controlling them makes you more weak. I know you are very reserved person, happy in your private space and all but let me tell you, you will actually enjoy the beauty of life when you actually involve with your surroundings!

He just nodded and noticing the time they began to leave when suddenly Anika looked at him with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

S: What?

A: Speaking of love, tell me about your love life! Any girlfriend?

S: No!

A: Oh no...I thought you will share some super romantic love story of yours!

S: Do you?

A: What? Boyfriend? No yaar! I never felt that tingling sensation seeing someone. I strongly believe in Shahrukh Khan's words, hum ek baar jeete hai ek baar marte hai aur pyaar ek baar hi hota hai!  I really wish that someday I will find my epic love..

Shivaay smiled as they kept on conversing about some random topic. He himself is shocked the way he let his guard down before her. He wanted to know everything about her and also want her to know about him. Whatever it is he decided to not let these thoughts disturb the present he is sharing with her and laughed at her crazy jokes.