Poetry Day

We silently snuck into the kitchen on the first floor. After cupping the blanket like a bag, we filled it with various fruits and non-iced baked goods. We also stole some sandwich materials for lunch later, and various drinks like water and juice in tupperware containers. Everything was going fine until we tried to get upstairs. The bag was too heavy to carry up the stairs without it creeking. We got about halfway up when a familiar voice cackled above us.

"Gotcha."

"Shit. I've got this, you run!!"

"No, you are the only one who has any chance if making it, you go, I can do this."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure, just go!!" She shoved the bag at me and I made a mad dash for our door. I ran over to the window.

"Catch!!" I threw the bag upward onto a roof of hopefully awake girls.

"Hello miss. I see you've finally gotten down."

"Aww scaredy cat gonna stand up to me?"

"I'm not a scary cat, I'm just afraid of heights."

"So you basically let them bully you into going up there and facing a girl who could've easily pushed you off and killed you?"

"They don't bully me."

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that." He lunged forward at me, eyes burning with anger. "I hate to break it to you big baby, but you guys aren't exactly friends." As we were fighting, I heard a loud crack, or more specifically, the loud crack of a whip. Christina.

"One down, nine to go." He pushed me forward until half my body was out of the window. "I wonder what kind of sound you make." I looked up, hoping to find food being happily eaten. Instead, I saw someone slowly letting down a blanket rope. I tried to grab on, buts she shook her head no. What were they playing at? The blanket began sawing back and forth, repeatedly smacking this new guy in the face. Once he had grabbed it out of anger, I realized their plan. I quickly got out from under him. With a quick, yet surprisingly strong jerk, they pulled him toward the window. They weren't strong enough however, so just before he got there he was able to fight back, and they were stuck in a very strange tug of war. Knowing they wouldn't win, I avoided the blanket and climbed on the roof to help. With my help we were able to drag him out of the window, and have him dangling from the roof on our surprisingly sturdy blanket. How was this thing holding his weight? "Please, spare my life!!"

"Why should we?"

"I'll do anything please!!!!"

"Provide us with food and water daily."

"Never!"

"Oh well, my arms are getting tired, what about you girls?" They all shook their heads in agreement. We slowly began to fake letting go, and I began to see real panic set in his eyes.

"Fine! Just let me up far enough that I can get in the window!!" We have a final tug, and let him into the window.

Hours later Christina hobbled to the window.

"Will you let me up?"

"There you are!! See, I told you she wasn't dead."

"Did I miss anything??" She asked, but before I could respond, she was dragged away from the window. I heard her struggle, but whoever was dragging her whispered something that made her go silent.

"Christina??" I yelled after her, but there was no response. "Don't make me call you second girl again, because I will!!!" I heard a muffled laugh, then the loud sound of skin whacking against skin, and a muffled cry. "I don't know which one of you has her, but I've beat every last one of you up before and I can do it again!!" Much to the other girls horror, I positioned my hands on the edge of the roof and swung into the window. There stood a bloody and bruised Christina, held in a choke hold by a tall woman in a black uniform. She had a sharp jawline and cheekbones that would make actors jealous, but her eyes were cold as they stared back at me with a threatening glance. "Who the hell are you?"