On The Roof

"Yeah, I keep it from those evil caretakers by hiding it outside. I move it every once in a while."

"I would keep that a secret if I were you. Practically everyone here idolizes you."

"Why would they do something like that? I'm no one special."

"Are you kidding? You actively stand up to those caretakers on a daily basis! Some girls even think you're going to help break all of us out of here, or at least show them how to do it themselves."

"Where did they get that idea?"

"I don't know."

Margaret decided to take that time to walk into the bedroom, where not only two girls were missing, but the remaining 8 were standing by the window, as if they were listening to something.

"And what is going on here?" She then poked her head out the window and looked up.

"What are you two doing up there? Get down this instant!" The second girl began to scoot down the roof toward the window.

"Hey, second girl, what's your name?"

"Christina. Where did you get the name 'second girl'?"

"It was the author's idea."

A booming voice then shook the ground as it yelled, "Leave the forth wall alone!"

"FINE!" I yelled back.

"Anyway, Christina, let me handle this."

"Did you two maggots not hear me? I said she needs to come down NOW!"

"MAKE US!"

"Okay, I will." And with that Margaret attempted to climb up onto the roof, she of course failed, so everybody laughed at her.

"Fine! Stay up there! Nobody wants you, anyway!" She then turned to address the other girls.

"If any of you are caught helping them, it'll be the chair!" Most people would assume she meant an electric chair, but they're too cheap for that, so they tie us to a wooden chair and whip us. To make it even worse, they make everybody else watch. Margaret then stomped furiously out of the room. About 5-10 minutes later, when the coast was clear, they started throwing blankets and pillows up onto the roof near us. Soon after, there was a huge pile, which was way more than we needed, so everyone else attempted to climb up with us. We ended up making a blanket rope to help them, but everyone got up here safe and sound. That night we all slept on the roof. Why, you may ask? Because we could, that's why. However, my peaceful sleep was interrupted by Margaret yelling at us from the window.

"You all are in big trouble!"

"Shut up, Grandma, we're trying to sleep!"

"We got a new caretaker today. One that can climb. If you come down now, maybe he won't push you off."

"I'd like to see him try," I challenged. There was no way I could let him attack everyone else, mainly because they all managed to sleep through this entire thing. I was alone, which was okay with me. The new caretaker carefully maneuvered himself onto the roof.

"You got a name? Or shall I just call you the challenger?" He didn't say a word, he just lunged forward attempting to throw me off balance. He missed of course. "It may be early in the morning, but that doesn't mean I won't put up a fight!" In a quick motion, I kicked behind his legs knocking him backwards on the ground. "Aww, caretakers look so cute when they're defenseless against me." I mocked, I was enjoying every bit of this. He tried to get up, but I pushed him down with my foot on his chest. "Going somewhere?" He simply shook his head no. Was he afraid?

"Go on, speak, amuse me."

"Yes ma'am"

"Did you just call me ma'am?" I asked, laughing.

"I like to respect the people I'm supposed to injure."

"Oh look, little miss respect thinks he's going to win." He struggles beneath me. "No use bub. You're stuck here. Besides, I have a message for you to deliver." I said slightly evilly, pressing my foot down harder. "We'll come down when we feel like it. Got it?" He nodded vigorously, before scrambling to the window.

"What did I miss?"

"There's a new caretaker, and I kicked his ass."

"Cool. Hey, I just thought of something, how do we get breakfast?"

"I have no idea."

"We'd better think of something, I'm almost out of crackers."

"Throw me a blanket, I'm going in."

"What??"

"You heard me, I'm going in to steal some bagels and muffins for everyone to eat." She reluctantly threw me the blanket.

"Fine, but I'm coming with."

"Who's going to guard them???"

"Trust me, you're good at evasive maneuvers right? So you run around taunting them, and I'll grab the food."

"Okay, but only because your plan is better than mine."

"What was yours?"

"Wing it."

Okay, let's hope I update this book earlier than before. (I'll try, pls don't be mad!!)

Stay awesome!!

Forestpip