CHAPTER TEN

Once Punit and Ayesha left the event, Sid went back to his work. Throughout that night there were exchange of glares and smiles between Sid and Sanjh but, except the meeting with Ayesha and Punit, they never had the opportunity to strike a conversation with each other.

The event was a huge success. The crowd was bigger than expected and in spite of that, the event happened with almost zero hiccups. The event management company made a handsome profit from the renting of stalls and advertisements while most of the stall owners and advertisers felt their moolahs spend worth. But Sid was the happiest of all. Not only he bagged a handsome pay cheque from the event, he also came across Sanjh and he was delighted to see her again. Sanjh was like a forbidden love for Sid. Right form the days of college, he had feelings for her and over the course of years, it never died. But his entrepreneurial goal and his reluctance towards relationship always stood between them. Ironically, considering Sid's history, one expected him to be a guy who would prefer job security over start-up risk but that wasn't the case. Instead he used his situation as leverage. He felt that his life was tailor-made for entrepreneurship. His childhood had taught him how to survive through rough terrains, his education and job expertise ensured that he was well equipped with the skill sets required to transform his idea into a proper business model and not having a family meant that he had no strings on him. One might not agree with the interpretation of his circumstances but it didn't bother him because that was what he chose to accept and it helped him to have a clear mind and march ahead with bold, progressive steps. Hence, between Sanjh and entrepreneurship, the choice had always been entrepreneurship but, it was also true that at nights, when he sat at the balcony with a glass of whiskey, he often wished having her by his side.

At around ten, the event was lingering through its final phase. The crowd had thin out considerably while the stalls were beginning to wrap up. Signs of fatigue was vivid and dominantly common amongst the tenants of the stall as well as the volunteers of the events.

Once Sanjh's team was done tallying the total sales, she walked up to Sid with two cups of coffees as he was going through the feedback form. She handed him a cup and said, "Last time I met you, you were doing events, didn't had a job and planning for a start-up. We meet three years later and you are still doing events, you still don't have a job and you are still planning for a start-up. That is some improvement!"

"That's not true, I had two jobs then," justified Sid. I was already placed and now I am jobless by choice, not by force. I do events because I love doing it."

"Oh please, that's such a lie. You don't do events because you love them, you do it because you need money. And to be honest, you are good at it. You know how to handle people. Why don't you persue event management as a career? You have experience, contacts, you know the tricks of the trade and you don't even need a lump sum investment."

"When I was in college, I thought about it once. I slept on the idea and concluded that I am more inclined towards coding than event management and for your information, though it's true that monetary needs have played a vital role for me getting into events, but I love doing it too. It's just that I love coding more."

"It's a shame that you prefer sleeping with ideas over human beings," she winked. "What a waste of those light brown eyes and that hot body!"

"You have to make it awkward, don't you?"