Chapter Forty-Five: Epilogue

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE: EPILOGUE
OLLIE (Ancient Greece)
As soon as they landed in Ancient Greece, they knew they were in trouble. An army of Greek soldiers stood outside of an extravagant house. They had their weapons raised as the Chosen and the Power Rangers arrived.

"We have been waiting for you," one said in perfect English. Ollie knew Zell must have ensured the soldiers could communicate with him. "He has been expecting your arrival."

"Who has?" Zeke asked. Ollie was pretty sure he was just playing dumb.

"The Great Zell, of course," the soldier replied. "Our most glorious deity, come to live amongst us."

"Deity? They think Zell is a God? Seriously?" Tammy asked.

"Of course they do," Z said quickly. "Because he is. We have come here to meet this great deity."

"Prove you are worthy... Face us in battle," the soldier said.

"Give us a moment to prepare," Z said. She pulled the others aside. "Okay, so Zell gaining a cult of followers shouldn't be entirely unexpected, but we can't kill them. That would alter history too much. We have to be careful how we handle this."

"I could try magic," Angie volunteered. "I'm pretty sure I can put them all to sleep."

"There's a spell around them," Taylor said. He still wasn't fully himself, but he'd been clawing his way out of his Depression for the sake of the battle. "Magic won't work unless it's broken. I can try to drain it away..."

"That's too dangerous," Tia said. "We do not know enough about the energy of the spell. It could hurt you."

"I can use some Shaman parlor tricks to distract them," Troy offered.

"Or I could just set a bunch of fires before turning into fire myself," Brian suggested with a grin that said he really wanted to do it.

"Then you'll end up with a cult of worshippers," Liza pointed out.

"Hey, that could be fun," Brian joked.

"What if Tammy just sings until they're too Zen to fight?" Noah suggested.

"I could totally do that," Tammy agreed.

"Or we could walk away and try to sneak in through the back," Jake said.

"Guys, are we badass superhero warriors or what?" Zeke asked. "Let's just kick their asses."

"Hell yeah!" Gia cheered.

"That's my type of fight," Tommy agreed.

"I'm with Zeke, too," Josh said. "Zell will know if we refuse to play his games. This is chess, and he made his move. We need to respond with the next logical counter move."

"Alright, but how do we fight them without seriously injuring or killing them?" Kenny asked.

"We defend, but don't attack," Tommy said. "Do everything you can to push their forces back and move us forward until we breach the gates of the house. Don't take kill shots, and don't maim the soldiers... Treat them like Putties... A good kick to the chest should knock them down long enough to be effective."

"We've got this, guys," Ollie said. "Ready?"

"Ready!" The others replied in unison.

They headed into battle. The Rangers didn't morph and the Chosen didn't summon their armor. These were human soldiers. It would be wrong to escalate the fight to that level unless they absolutely needed to.