Chapter Forty-One

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
KIRA
After talking to Maegus, Kira had an idea of where the hunt for the Zells of Evil Past needed to start. She'd gathered the first group she intended to deploy into the past.

"Okay, listen up, newly renamed Team Turbo Space Galaxy Wildcats," she said. "You guys are the first ones I'm sending out."

Andros nodded, because she'd already told her fellow leader what was going on. The others looked confused. "I thought we were all getting sent off at the same time," Lucas said.

"We know of one specific time that has an evil Zell, and considering the details, your team is the only one I can send," Kira explained.

"When is it?" Zhane asked.

"1989," Serena replied before Kira could.

"How did you know that?" Andros asked.

"It's only logical," Serena pointed out. "What group is better suited to return to 1989 than the one which includes the very team that formed that year? I would think it was obvious."

"Wait... We're going back?" Cassie asked.

"For one, the Wildcats know the terrain," Kira explained. "He's in Tiger's Bluff. For another, you know who the bad guys are, and have already defeated them all before, including Divatox. Finally, you know what is and isn't supposed to happen, and I trust you not to change anything you shouldn't."

"Really? Because the last time I was in 1989, I almost unmade most of the Power Rangers and unleashed Astronema on an unsuspecting universe," Cassie pointed out.

Karone shrugged. "It happens," she said with a laugh.

"That actually brings me to another point... We'll be adding three more Rangers to this team," Kira said as Maya and Kai joined them. "Hence the name change. As you guys know, Maya was rescued and wants to help. You also know that Kai was resurrected by Zell shortly after he was killed, and of course, he's on board, too. That said, I have one more bit of news."

Damon walked in, very much alive and well and looking pretty ashamed. "Zell promised he'd fix him and he delivered," Kira explained.

"Kai... I'm really sorry, Man," Damon said softly.

"What's a little decapitation between friends?" Kai asked lightly. "I know it was the spell, Damon. That's not who you are. We're good." He shook his hand.

Karone stared at Damon in shock. "Karone..." Damon began nervously. "I'm sorry for everything... Leo, missing the last battle, getting turned evil, and the things I did while my light was gone. I-"

"Shut up," Karone said. Then, she wrapped her arms around him tightly. "You're alive... I didn't kill you for good... You're okay," she said in relief. She had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry... I lost control when I saw Kai die."

"I deserved it," Damon said, finally hugging her back. "But Zell fixed me, Karone. I'm me again."

"Welcome back," Maya said, hugging him as well.

"When do we leave, Kira?" V asked.

"In a few hours," Kira said. "I just want to give Lost Galaxy a little while to get used to this reunion so it doesn't get in the way of the mission."

"What about Jared?" Justin asked. "I can't leave him alone for too long, even if I leave Alpha Prime with him."

"He can stay at our place," Hannah offered. "Roxy and Ronnie will be there with the kids while Lee and I are in the past, and we already have Sharon there. He's her little brother, and they seem to get along. I'm sure he'd like to get to know her better."