Chapter Five

"I still can't believe what I'm about to do... This is crazy! Kumatora is out of her mind!!!"

Over a month of preparation and training with Kumatora had lead me to these events which were about to unfold. I was scared to death and I couldn't believe I was this stupid to do this. Kumatora could've done a better job to handle this but she liked to live dangerous.

I took a deep breath. This was going to work, Kumatora had told me... I hoped. I was a mess. I was on nerve and was about to go off the edge. Kumatora had started the fire. She was going to burn down my house. The house that Lucas worked so hard to build for me.

I can still remember the conversation about it. Kumatora and I were talking about it while she was busy taking care of her child, Clara. Her child was only four years old and she was already a troublemaker around Tazmily. Duster had taught her to be a thief and sure enough, she was stealing items left and right unnoticed. Plus, she had inherited her mother's rebellious nature and her PK Powers. The catalyst to the troublemaker. She took over Kumatora's looks but strangely had red hair and yellow eyes. She almost resembled Lucas's deceased brother Claus. In honor of his brother and the bond between the three friends, Duster and Kumatora named Clara after Claus and made Lucas the godfather. Lucas was surprised by the action but had tears of joy and love in his eyes, the first in awhile since Lucas had actually cried since his father's death. Flint had died a year back after Lucas's 18th birthday, from old age and some major health problems. We all attended Flint's funeral and Lucas lost it. He wasn't bawling in tears but he was truly in pain. It only took a week or two for Lucas to stop grieving over his father's loss. That was the last time Lucas had cried over sadness and joy.

"Are you sure this will be a good idea Kumatora? Lucas worked hard on my home! I don't want him to get mad when he learns about how it became to be charcoal!"

"Nana...", she replied as Clara was settled down for her nap. "First off, its just a wooden cabin. There's plenty of trees being planted right now by Lucas, the townsfolk and some domesticated Chimeras. The former Pigmask soldiers also help out plant the trees. It can be built again. Second, we're going to stretch the truth about what caused the fire. Lucas will probably figure out eventually but for the time being, we're just going to say you dropped a candle. Besides, if the plan to get you and Lucas together is going to work, we just need you to trust me. And third, Lucas loves to work. He's happy to help out a person in need and does it for fun and muscle building. I don't know what got him into building muscle mass but hey, it's his life."

"But what if something goes wrong Kumatora? I don't want it to awry and die!"

"Relax Nana. I'll be close by and Thomas and Lucas will be there to help you. Besides, you live close to a beach!"

And here I was, standing in the blaze and my only escape was my bedroom window. Fear had won over my body. The intense heat pushed my lungs to my limits as the blazing inferno was eating my wooden home. I stood next to the window and look below me... No one was there.

The roaring sound of flames made my head spin. My heart was pounding hard and fast and I was about to loose it. I shrieked in fear as half of my floor collapsed. My whole home was about to be engulfed in flame.

"Nana!!! Over here!!!"

I recognized his voice immediately. Turning around and below me was Lucas. He was panting in sweat, meaning he must've ran hard to catch up to here. Thomas was nearby fighting the blaze, alongside other familiar adults.

"Nana, Jump!!!Don't worry, I'll catch you!!!", screamed Lucas from below. The blaze was now getting worse. Just as the whole house collapsed I had jumped and was expecting my death. Then everything was quiet.