Chapter Two

Nana

After Lucas came home, he wasn't the same coddled, quiet boy he was anymore. This time, he was...smiling. He was happy but also mature. He was still quiet and rarely talked anymore but he still did what he need to. He could take good care of himself and he had good friends.

While he was getting praise from the village and respect, it seemed like I was forgotten.

All the single women flocked to him. I've watched in sadness and envy as he dumbfoundly and densely helped out a girl named Alle with her photo.

Alle was our village photographer and artist. She had long, straight, silver hair. Just like me, she wore a red ribbon in her hair. She wore nothing more than a silvery-white dress, along with a big, white hat. Her Ivey blue eyes were no match for Lucas's deep grey eyes.

On that day, I was working on an article of The Tazmily Times. I was a journalist for our town. Since Lucas had saved our way of life, all of us learned about the past. We had all agreed that there was no point of erasing our memories since we'll all make the same mistakes we've done before in the past. Thanks to Lucas, we were given a new life and we all dodge a bullet.

We all have decided to keep technology in our beloved village, including Dragon Power (that's our currency here in Tazmily), since it had grown apart of us.

Anyway, I was preparing for a trip to write an column for Chimeras and as I about to leave town, I saw that gorgeous, handsome man. His bright yellow hair glowed brightly in the sun. His smile was so beautiful and bright, as if it could pierce any darkness. His warm glow made everyone happy. He held all the luck and sunshine in his pocket and it seemed like wherever he went, it seems seemed to follow.

I watch in jealous and a little bit of sadness as my blush began to resonate in me. I step in the shadows. I was out of Lucas's League. He had everyone. I had no one. Everyone loved him. No one likes me, because I was forgotten and disliked for talking idling.

I sighed as I began to walk away from the town. Lucas was a hot shot here and Tazmily and I needed to get away.

However, fate had different plans...