Chapter Six

Today is the first day I'll going to write about Lucas. I really don't know where to begin. He's so... Simple, I guess you can say. I think I'll explore his home first to begin.

Lucas's home was nothing more than a cozy little cabin, nestled away from the village. The house wasn't huge or grand like all of the rest of the houses in Tazmily but it held something special about it. Just a beautiful, cozy cabin with just a refreshing atmosphere. It had no upstairs bedroom or a basement. The moment you walked it was the entire cabin itself: A small sitting room which was where his desk was, a tiny kitchen area which was enough for me and Lucas to have some room. Perhaps it also held enough space for children as well. The final space he had was two beds in the top left corner. Other than that, he had some miscellaneous things around the house, like a mirror in the kitchen or a hat hanger in the bedroom. There were no walls to divide what rooms were what but it didn't matter at all. He did have a nightstand between the two beds that drew my attention.

Sitting next to a little lamp was a picture, framed in a beautiful silver picture frame. Engraved in the frame were musical notes, the ones you would see on music sheet paper. I paid no attention to this because I was focused on Lucas, standing between two boys who almost looked exactly alike.

To his left was a black-haired boy wearing a red baseball cap backwards. His hair was straight and was covered in bruises and cuts but held a grin that fitted his tough-looking face. He had a band-aid across the bridge of his nose. His right hand, which held a shiny-silver baseball bat, had black cloth rings on his index and ring finger. He wore a striped shirt, similar to the other boy, with the colors of Blue, Red and White. He wore nothing more than shorts and blue sneakers.

The second boy looked very similar to that of the other but I did managed to spot a few other minor differences. This kid wore a similar attire to that of the other but wore his cap backward and his black hair was bushy-like but he wasn't covered with wounds. His shirt was striped in yellow and blue. He had an expression of pure happiness.

All of them looked like they Could've been in their tween, possible early teens. They all looked young and seemed pretty happy.

"Looking at my favorite photo?"

I jumped in fright and turned around. Lucas was there and had a grin. He picked up the photo.

"Lucas- I didn't mean to-"

"Nana, it's ok. I don't mind you looking at my photos."

I relaxed and smiled easy. Lucas smiled.

I decided to ask him about the kids. He looked at me and first pointed to the bruised up kid.

"This is my friend Ninten. I've met Ninten awhile back during a universal tournament called Super Smash Brothers. Not sure why they called it that but I was nominated as a contestant awhile back, after my adventure. Thanks to Smash, I've met Ness-" he then pointed to the other boy on the right. "Ness here was also my friend. He actually helped me become a bit stronger as well. We went on an adventure together awhile back, in the same competition I've told you about. I was still... Er, weak. Still a big crybaby and all but he actually did something that reminded me of... Claus."

I suddenly got quiet and wanted to apologize. Claus was Lucas's deceased twin. He was presumed dead after The Pigmask Attacks but he was actually alive as a cyborg and was brainwashed to be the commander. And for reasons unknownst to us, with the exception of Lucas, he commuted committed suicide.

At first, Lucas looked sad at first and I wanted to change the subject but he suddenly smiled. "He reminded me so much... So much of Claus. So much of the fact that I started considering him to be my brother. This was before we met Ninten but we were the best of friends. Our battles were just out of rivalry and brotherly love. I sure do miss him. I wonder how he is, right about now."