Date night.

Avengers Compound:

It'd been months since Alison learned Bucky was alive. Things had settled into a semi normal life. And by that, it's meant that Alison and Bucky drove the avengers up a wall. They spoke as though they barely knew one another. They took turns, one staring longingly at the other while their back was turned.  Steve and Natasha had taken bets on who would break first. Steve thought Bucky. Natasha thought Alison. Tony thought Bucky would break first but Alison would admit it first. Clint thought they were all idiots.

Bucky was leaning against the wall when Alison walked past wearing a red dress and carrying a gold tinted purse. Her hair, that now fell at her middle back was curled into vintage finger waves.

   "Ali," Bucky said, pretending her was oblivious to the fact she was dressed up

He caught the scent of the perfume he'd bought her as she turned around.

  "Hm?" She asked

"We were gonna do movie night." He said,smiling slightly "Wanna join us?"

"Oh. I just came by to talk to Tony for a second." She said

Bucky looked at her expectantly. She laughed awkwardly.

"I'm sorry Buck, I'd love to but I've actually got a date tonight." She said, gesturing to her clothes

Bucky sighed.

"Right. Sorry. Tell Michael I said hi."

"Yeah. I will."

She waved as she left, her bracelets glistening in the light. Natasha listened to the click of Ali's heels fade before turning to Bucky.

"James are you okay?" She asked

"Yep." He lied "I'm great."

  He walked down the hall toward the rooms. They heard the slam of a door as he went into his bedroom.

"FRIDAY, turn on soundproofing." He said

"Yes Sergeant Barnes." Said the system.

He collapsed onto his bed and pulled the silver ring from his pocket. He'd taken to carrying it with him.

      "Fuck!" He screamed, chucking the ring across the room.

He'd lost her completely. It was easier when he thought she was dead.

  "Dammit!"