jealousy.

Avengers Compound:

Bucky watched as Ali hopped up on the counter. He chuckled as she winced when Nat put a hand on her leg to get her attention.

"What's funny?" Sam asked sneaking up behind him.

Bucky jumped before crossing his arms and looking back at Sam.

"Steve's sister." He said

Sam raised his eyebrow.

"Ali? What about her?"

"She uh-she has a bruise on her thigh." He said quietly

Sam studied Bucky's face. He was proud of that bruise. He sighed.

"Dude." He said, disappointed "Your best friend's sister? Really?"

"Hey. I was engaged to her at one point." He said "I'm allowed to do that."

Sam laughed.

"No you're- I give up."

Alison spotted Sam across the room and smiled, hopping off the counter. Bucky gave her a warning look.

"Sammie!" She yelled, running over to him.

She threw her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. Confused, Sam hugged her back.

"Hey Ali." He said, rubbing her back before letting go. 

She smiled.

"Did redwing get the repairs it needed?" She asked

"Yes he did." He responded.

"Can I see him?"

He nodded, pulling the drone from his bag. He handed it to the girl, smiling. She was excited. Bucky watched her jealously as she interacted with Sam. He heard Steve chuckle behind him. Tony walked past them.

"Hey. I've got a fundraiser tonight." He said, walking to the center of the room "I'd appreciate your support. All of you."

"What do you need us to do?" Bucky asked, glad for a distraction from Alison's torture.

  "Come to the gala. Keep me company. Encourage people to donate with your charm..not your charm, Bucky. I'm not sure you have any. But you get the point." He responded

"Screw you Stark."

"Alright. We'll go." Steve said.

Ali nodded.

"We will." She agreed.

Bucky rolled his eyes.

"I guess." He said.

Tony smiled.

"Wear a suit. Look nice." He said.

He turned to Ali.

"If you don't want to buy a dress, as Nat. You're about the same size." He said before leaving the room.

--------------------

Tony's charity gala:

Ali was the first to arrive. She leaned against the back wall of a ballroom. She was wearing a white dress with a skin tones mesh embroidered with white flowers up the sides.

"Nice dress." A friendly voice said

She jumped, turning to see Peter. He was smiling, dressed in a nice suit but his eyes were puffy.

  "Everything okay?" She asked

He shrugged

"Mj dumped me." He said "I'll be fine though."