Bruising

Avengers Compound:

Steve came back early in the morning. He smiled at the sight of Alison asleep on the couch. Bucky was sitting on the counter.

  "She just fell asleep." He whispered "Micheal showed up and she wouldn't admit it but it scared her."

"Micheal showed up?" Steve asked

"I handled it."

"How did you handle it?" Tony asked, following Steve in. 

  "He's not dead." Bucky chuckled "I just scared him little. Told him if I ever saw him near m-Alison again I'd break his legs."

Steve licked his lips, suppressing a laugh.

"Your Alison?" He chuckled.

"Caught that huh?" Bucky asked "So did she."

  Tony laughed quietly. 

The combination of the three men's deep, quiet voices was actually quite loud. Alison stirred.

"James?" She whimpered

He moved to her side quickly, stroking her hair.

  "I'm here." He said calmly

He laid his metal hand against her cheek and she turned into the cold metal. His other hand brushed her forehead and a concerned look crossed his face. He pressed the back of his hand to her forehead.

"Steve. She's burning up."

He caught sight of her wincing.

  "Ali. Ali." He said quietly.

She didn't respond immediately.

  "Baby, I need you to tell me where you're hurting."

She wrapped her arms around her stomach, wincing in pain again. He moved her arm gently and lifted her shirt. Her stomach was starting to bruise. He looked to Tony.

  "Hospital, now." Tony said, grabbing his phone.

----------------------

Hospital in New york:

Bucky and Steve leaned against a wall outside the emergency room. Tony sat nearby.

  "I swear to god if anything happens to her, I'll kill him." Bucky whispered

His hands were shaking. He was anxious.

    "Rogers?" A doctor asked, stepping out of the ER door.

  The three men walked over to him.

"Her brothers?" The doctor asked

"I am." Steve and Tony both said

"And you?" The doctor asked

   "He's the one who noticed the bruising and swelling. Fever too." Steve said

"Boyfriend I'm assuming then."

"her boyfriend is who did this to her. I'm her ex." Bucky said "I'd never hurt her like this."

Steve looking back to the doctor.

  "Is she okay?"

The doctor nodded.

  "There was some internal bleeding but we handled it." The doctor said "She should be okay but she won't be leaving the hospital for at least a week."

"Can we see her?" Bucky asked

Micheal had left his mind. He didn't matter. Alison was the only thing that mattered.