The Hot and The Cold

................................................................................................................................................

I am looking at the clear night sky. The stars are numerous it's been a while since I saw stars. Back at home in the city, you can't see the sky anymore because of the high towers that's built so close to each other. I sighed. We've been here for a week now and hell it was also a week passed that crazy hallucination I had in the woods. By the way, we did not go back there anymore although the strong feeling to go was so strong I couldn't explain why.

Swoosh...

The wind sent shivers down my spine. The week was rough for me because I had a feeling that someone is following me. Like yesterday when Jenna was still asleep and I decided to go get some breakfast from a restaurant few blocks from here. I swear I had that creepy feeling that someone is watching over me until I reach the hotel again. What's more creepy is that as if almost everybody is watching me in this town. This town is creepy in general. But I like it here in a way, it's so peaceful, everyone seems to know and was so close to each other and it feels like home. Strange.

I closed the window as I was feeling so damn cold now. I thought of home. I thought of my mom and my step dad. I ran away from an arrange marriage. Jenna for some reasons came along with me when I told her about my plans. We just graduated from high school and we are supposed to go for same college. I was all in with all the college thing until the marriage thing surfaced. What I know is, some of my dad's business associate's wants me as his wife. Not only that, this marriage was arranged when I was in 5th grade. How old is he anyway? And the greatest question was, why would my parents allow such things to happen? I know I should have my answers laid in front of me when I went through that meeting process, I mean date, they planned. But, it felt so wrong in a way to be married to an old man, I supposed, and to be forced that is. It felt like even if I didn't want him after the introductions the marriage will still go on. I don't want to be binded forever with the wrong man.

" Maze!!" I heard Jenna outside the door. She went outside to have a date with a guy she met yesterday at a club. " I forgot my keys and I brought some company."

Great.

I sighed as I reached the door knob. She was busy kissing the guy she met yesterday. What was his name? Jack, Jake?

" Jared, this is my BFF Maze. Maze this is Jared my mate and this is his friend, Chase." She introduced us as I scanned her so-called " mate" and his companion. Why did she call him mate?

I looked at Jared and well, I saw him before at the club but man he looked so fine in a lighted area. His hair slightly brown and his eyes were green. I can see the muscular body that was beneath that white shirt of his. He's unnaturally perfect.

I shifted my eyes to the guy she called Chase and my mouth dropped open. Well, I imagined. He's beyond perfection. His hair and eyes were so dark I felt shiver run down my spine. He's body was all muscled at the perfect place and I damn swear he has a six pack underneath that gray shirt! I was drooling in my mind. How could he be so perfect?

"Ahem!",somebody disturbed my imagination. " Will you please allow us to come in Maze?".

It was Jenna and that smile on her face wasn't missed. She knew I was checking the man. I blushed at the thought.

I nodded and walked aside so they an come in. Well, I didn't exactly know why my voice left me in such circumstances!!!

While Jenna and Jared made their way inside, Chase stood where he was and just stared at me. I fucking feel naked! His gaze penetrating my, uhm, nighties? Damn! I feel embarrassed. Good thing I wore a bra!