5 - Repressed Memories - 5

Okay can I just say that I loved writing this flashback? It made me feel warm and happy inside, with the usually hostile and feared mobs being so sweet towards BadTimes and Scar. Anyways this one is supposed to be a bit longer, so I hope it works out that way.

Theme: Fluff with a bit of angst.

Trigger Warnings: Being trapped, flashbacks, mindscapes, mentions of murder and death.

Word Count: 1647

------------------

BadTimesWithScar put the finishing touches on his build, stepping back to admire it. It was a modern build sitting on a cliff, which was masterfully terraformed. He smiled at it, before turning and walking through the dim world filled with his builds, as well as his brothers. Builds, finished and unfinished, surrounded him, block palettes satisfyingly balanced. He advanced through the landscape, making adjustments here and there to various things. As he went on, less of his projects appeared and more of his brother's, Scar's new builds came into view. He felt a pang of pride at his little brother's improvements.

At least one thing good came out of being trapped in Scar's mind.

He sighed, coming to a house he hadn't seen before. It was a moderately sized rustic hose, the build palette and style deriving from one of a Woodland Mansion. Snow fell in flurries around it and the path leading to the front door seemed to have had the snow shoveled off of it recently. Lights lined the trim of the house, as well as a few other features. BadTimes could see a fire flickering in the warm living room through the window. He felt a small tug of wanting, wanting to go into the house and warm up. Something in him wanted to believe that his brother, or someone else familiar would be there, waiting for him.

Suddenly, his mind was sent tumbling down memory lane, unable to stop. He turned from the build, his breath quickening and his skin becoming pale. WInd swirled around him as he fell to his knees, curling into himself as tears leaked from the edges of his eyes.

When he opened them, he was standing in a corridor of what he assumed to be a Woodland Mansion. He tried to move, but found that he couldn't as he was hovering in the air, his direction not being what he willed it to be. BadTimes looked down at himself to see that he was a transparent blue, ghost-like, figure. He sighed, as this situation was familiar to him. It was some form of spectator mode, the only twist being that Scar had access to what he was seeing, though he wasn't watching at the moment, for BadTimes couldn't sense the younger's presence.

He looked up to see two children, hanging up lights on the hallway. They were boys, one older and one younger. The older boy had bright blue eyes, and dark brown, almost black, hair. The younger had emerald green eyes, and light brown hair, which fluffed out from under his cowboy hat. BadTimes guessed them to be around twelve and eight. The younger boy was sitting on the older's shoulders now, reaching a string of lights up to three vexes, who gladly took the wire and hung in on the wall for the two. The boys yelled what could only be interpreted as a "thank you" in a different language, which seemed to be their first by the way they spoke to each other. They ran through the halls, and BadTimes was forced to follow, floating a few feet behind them. Vindicators chuckled at the boys' cheery behavior, waving to them and some even giving them high fives. The boys entered a large living room, where an Evoker sat on the floor in front of a large fireplace. The boys sat next to him, and he chuckled, ruffling their hair. The boys smiled, before leaning against each other, enjoying the warmth of the fire.

A blast of cold air pulled him out of his memory. He jerked up from his position on the snowy floor. He stood up, brushing snow from his jacket. He pulled it closer to him, glancing around the place he could only assume was a village. It took him a second, before he realized it was a village that Scar had built. He looked down at himself, realizing that he was now a solid person, not the ghost-ish figure he usually was when he was out of Scar's mindscape. That could only mean-