Chapter 73: All Our Power

Clemont was terrified. The Tyranitar had been extremely dangerous, but he and Korrina had shown up to fight it later in the battle with it. Serena and the others had already done a great deal of damage. Altaria, although likely still tired from the battle with Absol and Braixen, had been given a chance to rest for much of this fight. And somehow...its eyes seemed wilder than Tyranitar's had been. Why was that?

"How did its Mega Stone get altered?" Clemont called out to Gabby, luckily seeing Bonnie nearby and pulling her back as the enraged Altaria unleashed attack after attack upon the ground, its eyes wild.

"It...it wasn't altered. I saw...I thought I saw..." Gabby was completely and utterly horrified. Clemont didn't know her well, but the sight broke his heart. So quickly, this turn of events was breaking her.

That was bad for everyone there. Even the hunters were looking scared, a couple of them blown off of their feet as a Moonblast, a blackened and very wrong looking Moonblast, exploded into the ground in front of them. Only the newly arrived hunters with their own falsely Mega Evolved Pokemon seemed to be enjoying this. If Gabby couldn't snap Altaria out of this, they'd be impossible to beat. Perhaps they wouldn't even have to act.

"Can you get it back in its pokeball?" Dawn asked, ducking as one of the other hunters had his dark Mega Blastoise use Hydro Cannon on Trevor's Charizard, who countered with Fire Spin.

Gabby seemed to think that was a good idea and quickly pulled out her pokeball. Unfortunately, one of the newly arrived hunters was ready with their Mega Gengar. "Mean Look!"

As Gabby's pokeball fired out a line of red energy, Gengar's eyes glowed red, before a shadowy afterimage moved out towards Altaria. Just as the pokeball's light was hitting Altaria, the afterimage struck. Clemont's eyes widened, seeing the light appear to shatter as the Mean Look blocked the recall.

A moment later, a sixth hunter with no Pokemon out with her, emerged from the group with their Mega Pokemon. She smirked, looking up as Altaria unleashed another Moonblast, flying up and sending it towards a group of students nearby. "I have to admit," the hunter said, laughing lightly, "I was a little disappointed Raphael wanted to take my Mega Stone for this, but...it's certainly effective."

"You'll get it back anyway, Alice," the hunter with the Gengar said, chuckling. "This will scare off all of these kids and we can clear up whatever's left with our Pokemon."

Clemont frowned, glancing at the newly gathered Pokemon, each with a dark rage in their eyes. Aside from Gengar and Blastoise, there was a Lopunny, Salamence and Beedrill. The darkness around them made the night sky seem bright. It was a sickeningly evil sight.

Gabby, after a moment looking up at her Altaria flying off and unleashing its attacks at random, turned her eyes to the woman, Alice, and stepped forward. Her Espeon had been recalled now, but her Ninetales was at her side. "This was you?" she asked, voice shaking with anger. "You and your people wanted to hurt my Altaria again?"

Clemont glanced at her, feeling uneasy. He didn't know much of Gabby's story, but it seemed her companionship with Altaria had begun way back when Anton had lost his Vivillon. Altaria, like Absol, had suffered at the hands of the hunters. This cruel move must've been a painful reminder for Gabby. Clemont felt angrier himself as he thought of that pain, and suddenly, he found himself in a line with Gabby, Dawn, Bonnie, Marie and Korrina, who had just rushed over. Trevor, Tierno and Shauna were already engaged with one of the newly arrived hunters, the one with a Mega Blastoise, while also trying to minimize what Altaria was doing. Trevor's Mega Charizard was crucial to the fight, but already looking taxed.