Chapter 71: Class Action

Author's Note:

Another chapter of Lumiose University for you all. After this one, there will be six more so we're nearing the end of this...long journey. Anyway, last time we had Clemont unleash a robot army on the hunters while Ash and Serena split up and Bonnie headed out to free Dawn and co. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 71: Class Action

Being tied up and held in a supply closet had been a pretty miserable experience for Dawn and her friends, especially after realizing it had been a so called friend who had helped put them there. Of course, it had only gotten worse when they'd been dragged out to be taunted with Raphael's intimidating message sent out to the city. Sitting in that room in the Pokemon Centre while the hunters laughed about what was going on throughout the city was one of the worst experiences Dawn had ever had. It didn't help when the occasional image would come up on the TV of students running while hunters mocked them. It all changed when Clemont appeared on screen, though.

Everyone's interest had piqued when the TV had started acting up, first showing flashes of regular programming, before suddenly flashing to an image of Clemont in some kind of workshop, with Luxray and a few other electric types in the background. Dawn, Shauna and Marie had looked at one another nervously at first, wondering if it had meant Clemont had been captured, but that quickly changed as he began to speak with a surprising amount of confidence. As he spoke, Dawn couldn't help but feel hope surging within her, despite their predicament. They were prisoners now, but this fight was still going on, and from the sounds of things, Clemont had brought some major reinforcements in.

"Don't get your hopes up, brats," one of the hunters muttered, glaring at the screen as Clemont's message ended. "Your little friend is gonna be overrun at that little gym of his."

Another hunter laughed, smirking as he stood up to shut off the TV that was just playing static afterwards. "Yeah, that little punk's next message is gonna be him crying for mercy!"

"Bet he's already cry-"

Dawn had been trying not to react to their taunts the entire night so far, but she realized that she was glaring at the hunters with pure hatred, and it looked as though Shauna and Marie were no different. They all managed to recover their composure, though, and each looked towards the door as a hunter opened it up quickly, following a surprised cry from the lobby that had interrupted the taunting. The hunter just emerging didn't look overly upset, but still somewhat urgent.

"What's going on out there? Don't tell me you guys are scared of that kid!" a hunter laughed out. He was standing by Casey, almost as though he was constantly reminding her he was there.

"One of the guards outside thought he saw some lights flashing in the street," the messenger hunter muttered, looking irritated. Dawn supposed he was being ordered by someone above him to deal with whatever it was. "We should go check it out in case that kid did something to the power?"

"Amateurs," the two taunting hunters growled, standing up to head out the door. One of them glanced back as they headed out, looking to the hunter with Casey. "Keep an eye on these brats and make sure they don't do anything stupid."

"We'll be on our best behaviour. No need to worry," Dawn told them, smirking as they narrowed their eyes at her.

As the two hunters headed out to check on whatever the disturbance was, Dawn made sure the other one wasn't listening to her and her friends, and then lowered her voice to whisper to them. "Do you think Clemont really managed to get something to help us fight these guys?"

"I don't know, but it seemed like he was pretty confident," Shauna whispered back, raising an eyebrow as she looked at the remaining hunter in the room. Casey didn't seem to be doing much, simply staring at nothing, but the hunter was standing on a table and looking out a high window.