Chapter 3 ✿

The beauty above is none other than our "Cash Madam" Ini, Sammy's ex-girlfriend.

Vee's POV

     Wednesday

I had a pretty rough weekend but, I am still here. The holidays are coming to an end and I am super duper excited. I can finally leave this house and go back to school.

Temitope came over, she's my roommate in school and also my best friend.
"Tell me about the rich guy that is five times richer than your Dad," I chuckled.

  " Yes, yes! His name is Daniel. Vee, this guy is so hot!" She shrieked. "I met him on my trip to Lagos, we sat next to each other on the plane," she clicked her fingers.

Scam! Billionaire kwa? Inside a public plane? This girl needs sense in her life. "What's a billionaire doing on a public plane?" I rolled my eyes.

  "He was supposed to use his private jet but, he said things got complicated," she smiled. Temitope brought out her phone and showed me his pictures.

He is hot! I must confess. I just don't understand why she has a lot of his pictures.

     Just then, an Instagram notification popped up on her phone.
"Wait! You're on Instagram now?" My lips fell. She didn't even tell me or even care to follow me.

  "Yeah, he asked for my number and my social media handle. I told him I was on Facebook. Then he said told me he doesn't use the Blue app but, he uses Instagram and Twitter. Then, I told him that Instagram is so intimidating and it drains a lot of data," she explained using her fingers to demonstrate.

  "How does that answer my question?" I frowned not understanding her story.

  "He shared data with me," she said clapping her hands. "Now I don't have to worry about subscription!" She shrieked.

  "Oh, my God! I'm so happy for you!" I shrieked. "How come you didn't follow me?" I frowned, brought out my phone, and clicked on Instagram.

She ignored me. "I told him about you," she said lying next to me on the bed.

  "Why?" I asked, scrolling down my notifications.

  "I'm sorry but, I can't stop talking about how awesome my best friend is." She chuckled, touching my hair.

Temi and I met on a Sunday afternoon when I was moving into D'address Lodge, the most exclusive lodge on campus. My mum paid for the room and I was handed my room key. Room 22, first floor.

  "I don't think you should move in alone," my mum said, sadly. "You need a roommate."

I just knew things would go this way but I kept quiet. "So, what do we do?" I asked her.

My mum put on her best smile as she approached the Lodge Porter. "Hello, ma'am!" My mum smiled, using her fake british accent. "My daughter here has been assigned to room 22 but, she needs a roommate."

  "How old is your daughter?" The porter rolled her eyes.

My mum elbowed me to speak she doesn't know my age. "I'm 17 years old," I blurted out.

She checked her record book and looked at me. "There is a first-year student, her parents don't want her to stay alone in the room. So..." She looked at my Mum. " I'll assign her to the same room as your daughter."

  "I'd love th-" Mum furrowed her brows. "Wait... Did you say a first year student? Can't you at least move a 300 level student to that room, please... I don't want two minors in the same room," Mum huffed.