Chapter 4 ✿

The beauty above is Temitope ⚡❤️
Feel free to crush

Temi's POV 

     I got home on time to assist Mum in the kitchen before Dad roasts me. I rushed into the kitchen sweating profusely after running a mile or two along my street. There was no Keke because the community chairman has given strict orders against them towards evening.

The speed at which they ride their vehicle is something else. Not to worry. I am back, safe, sound, and out of breath. Mum stared at me for a while before turning to the steaming pot lying beautifully on the gas cooker.

  "Good evening, baby girl!" I breathed out, relaxing on the wall.

  "Uh-hmm..." She hummed, tasting the liquid on her palm.

I wiped my sweaty forehead and body with a handkerchief, taking slow steps toward her. I peered into the pot. "Egusi?" I scrunched my face.

  "What?" She turned to face me.

  "Nothing! I thought we would prepare vegetable soup," I pout, settling on a stool.

  "I already did, but! It's for my elder brother," she smiled. I rolled my eyes, trying not to sigh. I dislike Uncle Segun, I don't know why. He showers me with gifts but, I will accept them anyways. He treats me like his own daughter but I just don't like him.

He is not so happily married to his wife.   Even if he denies it, the happily married part though, I know he isn't happy in that marriage. His wife doesn't know how to cook. The annoying part is she doesn't want to learn! My Mum prepares different delicacies and sends it to his house during the weekends. It's not for free though.

That's how Uncle Segun has been living since he got married. The only dish she can can prepare is maybe noodles.

He has four healthy, handsome sons.  His sons have taken a few classes from my Mum. At least I forget, my Mum is a chef. She runs an African and continental dish academy. Not just that, she also makes pastries and everything you prepare in a kitchen. She is a true definition of an all-weather. Last year, she started her cooking show and her academy is growing numerically.

     My mum's dish is so heavenly, no wonder my Uncle didn't move to Lagos as planned when he first got married. I received an instant text from Daniel. Video call! The call came in immediately and I declined.

My mum turned swiftly to face me. "How is Veronica?" She asked, stirring the steaming pot of soup.

  "She's alright..." I beamed, putting my phone on silent. She nod and sat on the breakfast stool. I sent Daniel a quick message. Hey! Can't video call...I'm preparing dinner.

     Last night, he told me that he wants to see me.  That's a big problem though. I hardly leave the house and I have only one option. "Mum?" I called out.

  "Hmm..." She hummed.

  "I will be going to Uncle Segun's house tomorrow. That is, together with Victor and Ayodele," I smiled sweetly.

  "Since when do you willingly go there?" Mum asked, surprised.

She got me! "Since now. I mean, for how long will I keep hating him? It's affecting my body growth and I need to make peace with him." I said, avoiding her eye contact.

Mum nod, a sly smile on her face. "Why do I find that hard to believe?" My mum asked. I shrugged playing dumb.

" Of all things... You decided to imitate her bad characters- coming home late,  wearing ripped jeans and torn clothes in the name of fashion. To crown it all you have learnt another one, lying! Even to your mother. Oluwa!" She said, disappointed.