Chapter 5 ✿

Vee's POV

Thursday

I jerked off the bed when I heard a knock on my door. Can't I have peace in this house? Whatever happened to I need privacy?

I had a plan which I will carry out. I need to teach Mum a lesson.

There was a knock again, the door knob moved and there was a push. Silly person, isn't it obvious the door is locked from the inside?

"Vee, I know you can hear me," Kiki called out. "Breakfast is ready and your Mum would be leaving in 20 minutes."

Blah, blah, blah! I stuck my fingers in my ears and made my way to my ensuite bathroom. I turned on my water heater, brushed my teeth, and had my bath.

A lot of thoughts filled my head but, I have already made up my mind. If I don't do this my Mum wouldn't listen.

I charged my laptop and opened Corel Draw to design whatever I could think of. I am a 300L computer science student at the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport).

I wanted to study abroad or better still attend a private university but, my Mum insisted I apply to Uniport. It's not like the school is bad but, most of my High School classmates study abroad and the rest attend Private Universities in Nigeria.

The reason my mum wanted me to school in Uniport was because, it is a 35 minutes drive from home and her brother, my uncle is the current Dean in my Faculty.

So, my Mum thought it would be best for her; not me, to school there. I minimized the Corel draw, clicked on Instagram, and saw a photo of my best friend and a guy. He is dark-skinned, slightly taller than Temi, and a handsome being.

Her pose meant she was comfortable with this guy. There was one of Temi on his back. I liked it. Woah! A thousand likes! How did she get that many likes? I checked the tag. Styles Daniel.

I checked the weird dumbass's name and scrolled down his wall. Wow! He haa a ton of followers. He looks rich, always in a suit, leather or Jean jacket. There was one of him and Temi on an airplane. I clicked on it and checked the caption. The jet got faulty...made a new friend, though. Lagos!

Then it hit me. The multi-billionaire Temi keeps talking about. My God! A million follows. He seems real and hmm... His account is even verified. No wonder Temi has such likes. My phone screen lit up, I picked my phone from my bedside table. Speaking of the devil...

"Hi baby girl," I whispered into the speaker. I grabbed my earpiece and walked into my bathroom.

"Hey! Why are you whispering?" Temi chuckled.

"Long story, I'll text you on WhatsApp," I replied.

"He asked me out!" She screamed.

I closed my eyes, removed my earpiece, and stuck my finger into my affected ear. "Who asked you out?" I widen my eyes.

"Daniel!"

Wow! So fast. I congratulated her and we chit chat over the phone. She hung up while I went back to my laptop and refreshed the portal. I received a notification. Temi tagged me and Styles Daniel in a video. I clicked on it and watched the video.

Daniel was holding the phone he used to make the video. "Hey guys, it's Styles Danny and I am with my baby girl, Temitope. Guess what?" He chuckled and moved a bit placing his arm around Temi's neck, pecking her cheek.

She smiled at the camera. "Live?" She asked, startled.

"Of course!" He bit her earlobe as they laughed. "I asked her out and she said yes! I am in love!" He kissed the camera and laughed softly.