Chapter 6: The furry's are rising

Jeremy’s POV

I was taken aback by Mike’s question, he must have seen the cuts when I grabbed the flash light. This wasn’t going to end well. I guess I’ll have to brush it off as nothing and hope he doesn’t nag me. I looked at Mike and saw his bright blue staring right at me. I flicked the flashlight down the hallway as I replied.
  “Uhh, i-it’s nothing Mike.” I could feel his gaze on me. I started to blush, Mike wouldn’t quit.

“Jeremy, that is not nothing. What happened to you?!” He asked in a more stern tone. I had to think of an excuse, but nothing came to mind. I could just say I fell on my way here, but he cut me off in mid thought.

“Don’t you dare fucking say that you fell or it was a little accident! I can tell when a person is lying, now tell me. Who or what did that!”

Mike’s POV

I really didn’t like this guy, but seriously what happened to him. Is he cutting himself? I wound the music box as he replied.

“M-mike it’s nothing alright. Let’s just focus on our job OK.” Jeremy shook his head as he spoke. My eyes caught another detail that seemed out of place, a cut right below his eye. I wasted no time as I got up from my chair and cupped Jeremy’s face, forcing him to look at me. He face started to turn a bright red. I paid no attention to it as I lifted his long bangs so I could see his eyes. They were a bright amber color. It was the first time I’d seen the kid’s eyes and damn they were really pretty. My eyes flickered from the cut to Jeremy’s eyes. This seemed to go on forever until we heard something crawling in the vents. I ripped my hands off of Jeremy’s face and grabbed the flash light to see what was there. It was fucking Toy Bonnie. Fan-Fuckingtastic

I looked over and saw Jeremy frozen in his chair, his face still red. His bangs were all messed up from the interaction, so I could see part of his eyes. I waved my hand in front of the kid, knowing that Bonnie would be coming soon.

“Jeremy! Snap out of it, Bonnie is coming, we need to put on our masks!” Jeremy shook his head to snap out of whatever he was thinking of.

“Uhh, where is the m-mask?” I quickly rolled my eyes as my hands shot out for the far left of the desk grabbing my mask and sliding it on quickly. Then I pointed over by Jeremy to signal him that his mask was literally right by him. He looked over and blushed a bit more. He fumbled with the mask and finally got it on just in time. The lights started to flicker as Bonnie walked around the office. I heard Jeremy start to hold his breath, I guess he remembered what I told him about trying to act like a robot.

After what seem like an hour the furry went back to hell knows where. I slid my mask off and set it back on the desk. I saw Jeremy still had his mask on.

“Jeremy, he’s gone. You can take off the mask.” Jeremy let out a breath, took the mask and placed it back on the desk. He picked the flashlight and started checking the hallway right away. I was going to ask him about the cut when we heard a small chime. It was 6am already. I looked over to Jeremy and he was clearly tired. I spoke up.

“Jeremy, our shift is over. You can go home now.” He got up from his chair, pushing it in. I got up as well. He faced me.

“Um, thank you for staying Mike. I-it helped m-me a lot.” I just nodded and muttered hopefully not loud enough for him to hear.

“I’ll probably stay with you tomorrow as well. I want to make sure you are OK.” Jeremy tilted his head.

“Uh, what was t-that Mike?” I looked at him and walked past him, ruffling his hair for some reason.

“Nothing.” As I left I shouted back at him.

“By the way, you dropped you hat!” I walked down the hall and into the main area. I went into Boss’s office, knowing that I would have to clock in.

Jeremy’s POV

I stood there, a bit on flustered at what had just happened. I noticed my hat on the ground and slowly bent down to pick it up. I put it back on my head. Mike’s words started echoing through my head.

“Jeremy, that is not nothing. What happened to you?!”

“What happened to your wrists?”

“Don’t you dare fucking say that you fell or it was a little accident”

“Who or what did that!”

I could fell some tears escape my eyes as I remembered the last thing he said. I started to slowly walk out of the hallway, touching my face. I remembered him staring into my eyes, those bright blue eyes. I remember hearing ask me what was wrong. I replied with a voice so quiet that I could barely hear it myself. 

“My dad.”