Chapter 4 - The Past Determines The Future

The Past is Another Land....

Duncan called Veronica hoping she knew anything about her family. Even though she never talked much about her family or even her past, she was the link to everything. The answers that Duncan sought would save Dean, Roman, and Seth. Her phone vibrated quietly. It was Duncan.

"Hey Dad." Veronica said groggily.

"Sorry, Ronni. Did I wake you?" Duncan asked.

"No. I was about to get up. So you had a meeting with Paul Levesque?" Veronica said.

"Yeah, I did. I found out he is an Immortal as well." Duncan said.

"Hold on. He's an Immortal? How?" Veronica asked.

"I'm trying to figure that out, but that's not why I called you. What do you know about your family? Your ancestors?" Duncan said.

"I don't know much, except stories of my great, great grandmother that my grandmother told me." Veronica said.

"What was her name?" Duncan asked.

"Grace Johnson. She was a slave who was granted freedom by a Union soldier. Apparently, this soldier bought her freedom. She traveled with him until they settled in a house somewhere in Ohio. The story goes they fell in love with each other. Then he died tragically. His head was decapitated. She continued to live in the house, got married, had three kids, and died a happy woman." Veronica said.

"Do you know who the soldier was?" Duncan asked.

"Yeah, Lt. Jonathan Moxley." Veronica said.

Duncan realized there was some truth to what Paul told him. Jonathan Good is Jonathan Moxley, but he needed to know more. He knew the one person in the world who could give him all the answers he needed. His name is Joe Lawson.

"Ronni, I need you to stay with the boys. I understand that there's a really good event coming up, Wrestlemania. I think you should enjoy yourself and rest. I am going to go see someone I need to see. There was an original prophecy. One I didn't know about." Duncan said.

"Dad, you want me to stay with Dean?" Veronica asked.

"I know that he's not the kind of guy I want for you, but I got a feeling Dean will protect you at all costs." Duncan said.

"Dad, there's something you're not telling me." Veronica said.

"Ronni, Dean is Jonathan Moxley. He's been reincarnated." Duncan said.

"Wait, what?" Veronica said perplexed.

"When Dean started in wrestling, he went by the name 'Jon Moxley'. I think he was having flashbacks of his past life then. I don't know for sure, Ronni, but I need to see someone who knows everything." Duncan said.

"OK. Just come back soon. I love you, Dad." Veronica said.

"I love you, Ronni. Be safe. See you in a few days."

New Orleans, LA - 1862

Mary Grace Johnson knew she was free once she got to New Orleans. She sat in the wagon being pulled by someone she had never met before. She hated being sold, but the man who placed her in the wagon told her she was on her way to freedom. She was going to be working for a Union soldier who needed someone to cook and clean for him. She didn't know his name, but he paid a hefty price for her.

The wagon arrived at a stately house somewhere near the French Quarter. She was amazed to see the American Flag flying proudly outside the home. She was confused. Louisiana was under Confederate control. New Orleans was now under Union control. Was she really free? Was her ordeal over?