Chapter 5- Death is Only the Beginning

Nothing, even death, lasts forever...

Veronica woke up to a new day. It was day two of her Wrestlemania experience. She had never been to New Orleans, and the time away from Duncan and prophecies was a welcoming experience. She looked over at Dean, who was sleeping soundly in the other bed. She hadn't really spent anytime with him, but she understood why she couldn't. The guys had a pretty busy schedule with interviews and events that they had to attend to. It was the biggest event in their industry, and there was a lot to do.

She didn't want to disturb Dean, so she slowly got up without making a noise. She walked over to his bed and kissed him softly on his cheek. A smile came to his lips, and as she turned to walk away, Dean grabbed her and brought her in bed with him. Suddenly a flood of memories came to Dean. It was as if he lived it before. He looked at Veronica wondering what just happened. Dean didn't feel like Dean. He felt differently. Veronica noticed the look in Dean's eyes. It was like Dean wasn't there.

"Grace?" Dean said.

"Dean?" Veronica said.

"Who is Dean? My name is Jonathan. Jonathan Moxley." Dean as Jonathan said.

"I don't understand. Did you hit your head?" Veronica asked.

"No I didn't hit my head, Grace. I know who I am. You apparently hit your head." Jonathan said.

"Wait, you think I'm Grace?" Veronica asked.

"Well, you are Grace. I know those eyes anywhere." Jonathan said.

"No, I'm not Grace. I'm Veronica Macleod." Veronica said.

"Wait, what year is this?" Jonathan asked.

"It's 2014, Jonathan. You are not known as Jonathan Moxley. You are known as Dean Ambrose, WWE Superstar, member of the most dominate stable, The Shield." Veronica said.

"What is the WWE?" Jonathan asked.

"You're a professional wrestler. You fight for a living."

"Yes, I remember now. I can access Dean's thoughts. His memories. His feelings. Everything. Veronica, you must be a descendant of my Grace." Jonathan said.

"I am. She was my great, great grandmother. I wished I met her." Veronica said.

"She was a wonderful woman. She was beautiful, full of grace. Her freedom meant everything to me. I wanted to marry her. I loved her. She was everything to me. You are everything to me." Jonathan said

Jonathan kissed Veronica. As he kissed Veronica, memories of Jonathan's life with Grace flashed before her eyes. The kiss intensified, and Veronica felt differently. She looked at Jonathan, and he immediately recognized his true love.

"Grace, my love. How..." Jonathan asked

"Love never dies, Jonathan. Not even ours. I will always be with you. Even after death. Just promise me you will protect my Veronica. Love her as you loved me. I love you, Jonathan Moxley." Grace said as Veronica.

Jonathan kissed her again. He didn't want to lose Grace again. Veronica pulled away and realized what happened. She got up and ran in the bathroom. This was too much for her, and she needed her dad here. She needed to make sense of what happened.

Roman sat on his bed wondering what his destiny was to be after the prophecy was fulfilled. He saw how Dean was becoming his own man, and Seth was starting to get used to being an Immortal. For Roman, it pained him to know that he would watch his daughter grow old and die, and he would be still around. He would never grow old. Death was not an option for him.

He looked at his itinerary for the day and saw that his day was much quieter. Roman picked up the phone and called Seth. He needed to know what Seth's day was gonna be like. He needed to know what to do on a day like this.

"Hey Rome. I see we're not doing much today." Seth said.

"Yeah. I like that. We got to prepare for the event itself. It's our time to shine, Seth." Roman said.

"On the Grandest Stage of them all. Have you heard from Deano?" Seth said.

"No. He's probably still sleeping. He'll call me before we have to be at our next event." Roman said

"Maybe he's spending time with Veronica." Seth said.

"Who knows? I do know that he has a thing for her, and I can't deny the connection between them." Roman said.

"Neither can I, Rome. Look, let him sleep. He'll call soon." Seth said.

"Yeah." Roman said.

Paul paced around in his suite hoping that his two partners would show up. It was time to put his plan in motion. The sensation hit him, and he knew that they were there. He opened the door to see Randy Orton and Dave Bautista standing before him.

"Brothers! Come in! We have much to discuss, It is time for us to reach our ultimate goal." Paul said.

"Paul, we have to get ready for Wrestlemania." Dave said.

"Yes, we all know that, but we have a chance to destroy The Shield before they come into their prophecy. Kill one, you kill them all." Randy said.

"We can't take their heads on live television, Randy. It's bad for business, but I got an idea that will destroy them." Paul said.

"What is it?" Dave asked.

"When the time comes, you will know. Just know that we will be the most powerful Immortals, and no one will stop us. Not even Jonathan or Duncan. We will rule." Paul said.

"The Shield will end!" Randy said.