Part 11

I gathered myself and apologized to everyone for delaying the pursuit. I turned to Zorah, softly kissed her cheek, then set her on the ground. 

The man in the black cloak approached me and placed a firm hand on my shoulder. "Its all right.." He began. "We've all lost those dear to us in ways such as this." He tightly squeezed my shoulder. "If you want to cry, then cry. No one will judge you." Even tho I could not see his face, I could hear the sincerity in his voice. I didn't know what to say in this kind of situation, so I looked down and nodded my head. He released his grip and softly patted my head, then turned back around without another word. When I finally looked up he had already rejoined the others. I felt my cheeks burn a little.

"Alright, We best be on our way." The tall man said as he began to lead us further down the wall. We walked in silence for a bit, until my eyes cough a slight glimmer up ahead. With every few steps closer we got the glimmer started to take a form. I squinted my eyes, and in that second I realized what had caught my attention.

It was a Silver Soldier. He stood alone agents the wall holding his staff in hand. I stoped dead in my tracks. Swet started to trickle down the side of my face and my breathing became heavy. I tried to call out to the others, but no sound would come from my throat. I was once again frozen in place, unable to function.

My mind started to attack me. Filling my head with gruesome images of what was to come. "Your so useless! useless! useless! You can't do anything right!" My thoughts began to scream at me. I wanted so badly to close my eyes, to look away. But if I did, I wouldn't be able to warn them. "What do I do? What can I do?" My mind was in a furious battle with my un-responding body. Indecisive, uncooperative, useless. Each second I fought with myself was a second I'd loose to inform them of what was ahead. But my fear overpowered my words. I closed my eyes.

Just then a familiar feeling griped my shoulder. "Ninnetta" A voice whispered into my ear as the grip on my shoulder tightened. "It'll be alright. Open your eyes. Trust in me." For some strange reason I felt like I could trust this voice. I slowly began to open my eyes, tears slightly blurring my vision. And there he stood once again. The man in black. I collapsed to my knees, realising a sigh of relief as I did. "ah...ahead. There's a...S.." I tried to say, but was quickly cut off by a soft pat on my head. "It's alright Ninnetta. He's one of us." The man in black said as he gently pulled me to my feet and led me the rest of the way.

I was still a bit hesitate as we approached the Silver Soldier, but with the man in black my my side I felt slightly at ease. "Greetings Aedan, Jayvees" The Sliver Soldier nodded to both the men. "Aedan and Jayvees?" I thought. Was that their names? All this time we all where together, and I had never learned their names. I felt a bit guilty. But.... which name belonged to who?

"Good evening Stanson" The tall man, of which name did not know belonged to, said. The Silver Soldier turned to My sisters and I, and began to raise his arms. My body quickly tensed. But to my surprise be began to take off his mask. For the first time in my life, I was witnessing the unmasking of a Silver Soldier. I didn't know what to make of the situation. All I could do was watch in awe, as the white mask was removed. revealing what was behind every mask. A face.