Day 9: Cuddling When its Cold

All day at work you had been stealing glances at Spencer. Sure, his desk was right across from yours, close enough you could still smell the rich, earthy aroma of the coffee he was sipping, but that didn't stop your persistent desire to be closer. It was a slow day at work, everyone chipping away at the piles of paperwork that littered the desks of the bullpen. Spencer was flipping through files, sensing your eyes on him.

"You okay?", he asked, wondering why you were staring at him. You quickly sat up, him having awoken you from your dazed state. If you had it your way, you would spend every minute admiring Spencer. Of course, you always wanted to be around him, but you weren't normally this clingy. Today, however, you just craved his tough, loathing the two pieces of wood that separated the two of you.

"Y-yeah I'm fine", you blushed, looking back down at the documents on your desk. Spencer quizzically looked at you, wondering why you were acting so bashful. He loved your vivacious personality, and how never failed to make him laugh with your witty antics, but he would be lying if he didn't find your shy demeanor endearing.

"Are you sure?", he asked, a small smile grazing his lips. You looked into his kind eyes, which only intensified your yearning to just wrap yourself into him.

"Yeah, I just-", you sighed, looking down, feeling foolish. Spencer's eyebrows furrowed, as he waited for you to continue. "I miss you", you whimpered quietly, not wanting anyone to hear you. Your timid voice melted Spencer's heart and he gleamed at you, the love between you both almost palpable.

"I'm right here", he tilted his head, a bit confused, but still enamored by your tender disposition.

"It's too far", you whined, a small giggle escaping your lips at how ridiculous you thought you sounded. Spencer chuckled at how cute you were, nodding his head.

"I know", he sighed. "When we get home, we can spend the whole night cuddling by the tree?", he offered, bringing a wide smile to your face. You excitedly nodded your head, the idea of laying against Spencer's chest calming you. "Okay", he smirked, reaching his hand out for yours. He gave your hand a quick squeeze before you both got back to work, wanting to finish so you could home.

The entire car ride home, you held Spencer's hand in both of yours. You held it against your chest, occasionally resting your head on it. Spencer smiled at your precious actions, forcing himself to pay attention to the road so he could get you home quicker. The entire walk to your apartment, you latched yourself into his arm, resting your head on his shoulder.

"Sweetie, I need my arm so I can unlock the door", he giggled, your hushed groan tickling his ear. Reluctantly, you removed yourself from his side just enough so he could open the door. Once you were inside, you wrapped him into a tight hug, finally relishing in his embrace. He felt his heart swell as you clung yourself to him, and he lovingly ran his hands across your back. "Why don't we get changed into sweats and then we can cuddle on the couch?", he murmured. He felt you nod against his neck, and he took your hand, leading you both to your room to get changed. You both put on a t-shirt, Spencer opting for plaid pajama pants while you put on your comfiest pair of sweatpants. You felt goosebumps spread across your now exposed arms, and Spencer took notice, pulling you into his side.

"Why's it so cold?", you said, your voice wavering slightly from your shivers. Spencer ran his hands up and down your arms, trying to bring you any warmth he could.

"I can turn up the thermostat", he offered. You bit your lip, contemplating a moment, before deciding on a better plan.

"Or", you drew out, a small smirk finding its way to your lips, "we could make a pillow fort". Spencer's eye lit up at your suggestion, quickly nodding in agreement. You both laughed, making your way to the living room.

You grabbed all the blankets you owned, draping one over the back of the couch and securing it to the coffee table. You placed an excessive amount of pillows inside, making sure to cover every inch of the wooden floor. Spencer went in first, opening his arms for you to slot yourself between. You placed four blankets around yourselves, Spencer making sure you were sufficiently covered. He heard you let out a soft laugh and looked down at you, silently asking what was so funny.

"I feel like we are penguins in an igloo", you amused.

"Actually, penguins do huddle together to conserve body heat in order to combat the harsh arctic winds", he nodded.

"Well, I'm glad you are my penguin then", you spoke, turning your head to place a kiss under his jaw. Spencer smiled, a slight flush crawling up his face.

"Me too", he hummed, pulling you impossibly closer to him.

The soft glow from the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree was the only source of light that sprinkled throughout the room. You tangled your legs with Spencer's wanting to get as close to him as possible. The two of you laid there, content in each other's company, enjoying the comforting warmth of your blanket creation. Spencer looked down at you, admiring how vulnerable you looked snuggled into him.

"Are you sure you are okay?", he quietly spoke, breaking the calm silence.

"What do you mean?", you asked, looking up at him.

"Well, okay, don't get me wrong, I love you wanting to be close to me. I really do", he said, looking deep into your eyes, making sure you understood he wasn't annoyed and found your actions endearing. "You just, you never really get that-", he stopped, looking for the right way to phrase it.

"Needy?", you asked, raising your eyebrows with a small chuckle.

"Yeah", he said sheepishly, letting out a small laugh.

"I don't know", you sighed, avoiding his gaze. "I just, I love you, and I always want to be with you", you said simply, gazing up into his eyes.

"I love you too", he smiled, placing a kiss on your forehead, "and I'm always happy to give you a hug or a kiss, or whatever it is you need, no matter what". His gaze held your heart, his love providing all the warmth you would ever need.

"Well, good", you smiled, "because you are stuck with me at this point". You both giggled, as Spencer pulled you farther into his chest. You rested your head on his shoulder, wrapping your arms around his torso. You closed your eyes, basking in the warmth and comfort you felt in Spencer's arms. He was your whole world, and you couldn't wait to spend the rest of your lives in each other's arms.