Let Them Eat Cake (part 3)

"There..." Said Noah, pressing a button of some sort hidden under the collar of the armor. It made a beeping sound and Noah utter something-that I didn't quite catch, as he got up. All I heard was "Alarm." 

"What alarm?" I asked, walking closer to him.

"He triggered an alarm when he saw us. Calling for reinforcements." 

"If you knew more would be coming, why didn't we just run away from here? Why spend the time finding an off switch?"

"Because doing so would be irrational." Said Noah, "We would be surrounded before we could even escape." 

"What if we managed to escape?" It slipped right out of my mouth.

"What about the others?" Noah said, nudging me aside. "What about Iris? We are not far away from the mansion. The Deus will find them." My face warmed up. What he said wasn't just an excuse, I could totally imagine that happening. The Deus throwing punches at Iris, torturing Joseph for answers and...

The next thing I knew, was me flying over one of the pines and smashing my head with a tree trunk of another. Luckily, the bow I was holding transformed into a helmet protecting my head, if not I won't be alive to tell you the rest of the story. My head crashed with the trunk and I fell a painful height, around five meters or so. Everything just happened so quickly, I couldn't see what actually happened.