The Court (New Year Special)

"You mean the Court?" A familiar voice spoke out. I turned around and saw a silhouette of a girl, contrasting with the light of the sun behind her.

"Oh, and that's Cat." Said Iris, rolling her eyes.

Then every step she took closer to me, her face started to look clearer. Her hair was golden blond. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing pale skin. Her eyes were hazel colored. A straight nose, full pink lips - She seemed like the picture of perfection. She reminded me of someone, someone near and dear, someone who used to be like that at least. Her name was Catherine, she was my ex. One day, we'll be the sweetest couple on the planet and the other, we'll be fighting like hell. I still remember the details of how it ended. It was a rainy night as I remembered it, I came home late and tired, due to our school's project. When I opened the door, I found her sitting there on my couch, Staring into the holographic TV. I was weary. So, I told her I was going upstairs to rest and she nearly killed me. Despite the looks, She is ferocious. Once in school, we had a martial art training program and she single handedly beat everyone up. And I was like all cheering and stuffs but I wasn't cheering that night. She twisted and did all sorts of things with my arms. And all of a sudden I can't move an inch. She then burst into tears about how I didn't care about her and all that crap. After an hour of whining and inculpating, she finally said her last words before she left. "Good luck on finding another one." 

"My name is Catherine, not cat." Said Catherine, bending down closer to me, "So, we meet again, Mr North." 

"Excuse me? But do we know each other?" I asked.

"I am Catherine, remember me?"

Then a strong breeze hit me. "No way. You're Catherine?" 

"No s**t, Sherlock." Said Noah, giving a death stare, "She is my girl. Got a problem with that?"

He must have seen the way she looked at me and the way I looked back. Great, my ex is now a girl-friend of a person that saved my life. What a coincidence?

"No." I said, scratching my head. 

"Good!" Said Noah, "Moving on. Since we saved your life, you must in turn help us. Tell us what you know about the elites. Their secrets and their plans..."

I didn't hear the rest of it, I was too distracted by the odds of us meeting in this scenario. Plus Iris was chatting off to me too, so I didn't know which one to listen to.

"Do you understand?" Noah coughed, his eyes dead serious. I don't know what the hell was wrong with him, I thought he was okay at first, but right then, I just wanted to punch him in the face.

Iris peered into my eyes, trying to ask me to return Noah with an answer, and I returned the look of confusion. I guessed she might have understood what I meant. So, She gave a me a nod.

"Yes." I answered Noah, nodding. "Yes."

"Good." He said. 

Joseph gave me a thumbs up, and a wink and I knew that I did the right thing. They all knew that I wasn't listening.