Chapter TWELVE

Saturday - February 16, 2019 - 21:06

Everything with Shawn has been going...Fantastic. Better than anything I could have ever imagined it since the first day I stumbled into the coffee shop. 

And I have a pretty good feeling Shawn feels the same way.

___

I had been in Brightside almost everyday this week––except for Tuesday––to study...and to see Shawn. Sometimes Ella would tag along, but she, along with Niall, would constantly tease me. So I'm not exactly sure how beneficial coming to Brightside was for her.

Most of the time I had my head buried in a book, but there were times when I stayed after I was done with my work. I would pile all my books off to the side and either take out my sketchbook, journal, or Shawn would slide into the seat across from mine if the coffee shop wasn't busy. It was...nice to see him and get my assignments done.

Two birds with one stone.

And while I kept up my productivity, it became increasingly more difficult to concentrate when the boy who I liked was a few feet away. I felt like I was back in middle school, slipping a little more each day, as I stole glances across the room of the boy I really liked.

But now I knew that he liked me back so it only made the butterflies in my stomach explode even more.

It was sunny as I walked down the sidewalk from the underground station to Brightside. The wind was still present as I tugged my jacket closer to my body, but the sun was out, and it brightened my spirits.

Ella and I finally made it to the Camden thrift shop in the morning, so I thought I could spare some time for academics. And while I could've had better plans than studying on a Saturday afternoon, I knew Shawn was supposed to be working the mid-shift today. And even though I saw him yesterday, I wanted to see him again today.

And I knew I'd want to see him the day after tomorrow, and the day after that...

The bell above the door chimed as I made my way into my favorite London coffee shop. My smile faltered a little when I saw two people behind the counter––Neither of them being Shawn. But he had texted me only fifteen minutes ago saying that he was here...and that he was bored...So even though I received a glare from Lola, I was still in the brightest of moods.

"Mick!" Niall greeted me with a blinding smile as he waved from behind the counter, "Your boyfriend's downstairs."

My eyes widened as I choked on air.

We had only gone out a week ago and hadn't progressed into anything more than just hanging out––nevertheless definingwhatever our dynamic was. And I knew the cheeky smirk on his face meant that he was only teasing, but the word boyfriend came a whole new set of flurry of inner turmoil.

Boyfriend meant that we were exclusive. Boyfriend meant that he wasn't talking to or thinking about any other person in a romantic way. But was he talking to other girls? What did he think about labeling everything? We both knew that I was only here for a limited period of time...Did he only think of this as a fling that would last a few months?

Would he forget about me the second I landed back in America?

"That's––I mean––Awesome. Cool," I felt hot under Lola's glare, "I just came to say hi, grab a coffee, maybe study, but there's––" I looked around the coffee shop and took a deep breath "Looks like there aren't any tables open."