Chapter FOURTEEN

Wednesday - February 20, 2019 - 20:36

Shawn's here. Like he's in my dorm which is something I honestly didn't think would happen. Since the first time I ordered coffee, I just imagined myself fawning over him from afar and watching my back account dwindle with how much I was spending on coffee as an excuse to see him.

But now I'm saving money on coffee, he wants to see me just as much as I want to see him, and he's in my room.

WARNING: ALLUSION TO SMUT.

___

"I'm just saying––"

"I don't think you should say anything."

With open books and loose leaf paper scattered on top of the table, Ella and I were in a stare off. Her eyes were narrowed in on me and I gripped the pen between my fingers. For the last half hour, studying had been long forgotten on Ella's end. She kept pestering me on what happened with Shawn and I after the soccer game on Sunday.

And I repeated the same sentence I told her not even five minutes ago.

"Nothing happened," I dropped my pen and buried my face into my hands with a sigh, "We came here, helped Niall fix something with the espresso machine, and then just spent time together."

With both palms flat on the table, Ella leaned forward and whispered, "Bullshit." I leaned back on my chair, raising my eyebrows as I crossed my arms over my chest. She continued on, "He was literally about to leave without saying bye to you."

Ella's eyes softened as I broke eye contact with her and turned toward the door.

I slumped down in the chair, "He admitted he was jealous," Ella's eyes perked up at the information, "And he...I asked if we were okay and he said he didn't know what––" I uncrossed my arms and lifted my fingers to put air quotes around the next word, "––'we' I was talking about."

Ella's eyes widened, "What?!"

I nodded my head slowly, "Yeah, it wasn't––I tried to leave, he told me to stay, said he was jealous, admitted to liking me a lot, and then we ended up here; at Brightside..." My voice trailed off at the end.

Ella scrunched her eyebrows together, "That doesn't make any sense––He says he doesn't know about the 'we', but then says he 'likes' you?" Her eyes shifted from mine and glared over my shoulder, presumably at the person of topic, "He's an idiot."

I picked up my coffee to take a sip, but frowned when I was met with cool air instead of hot espresso. I set it down on the table and shrugged, "I don't blame him."

"Don't you dare take the blame for him," Ella shook her head, "He obviously knows there's something between you two, so for him to say that––" Her glare at Shawn intensified for a second before looking sincerely into my eyes, "Want me to beat him up?"

I tipped my head back in laughter, "I don't think that would work out in your favor."

"Most likely not," Ella shrugged nonchalantly, "But he's dumb."

I rolled my eyes and picked up my pen, hoping to get back to studying, but Ella closed her books and pushed them aside.

"You need to define your relationship with him."

The pen I just picked up dropped and fell to the floor, "Define the––I don't think I can be the one to bring that up––I still––Do you remember what happened when I asked for his name?"