Chapter TEN

Saturday - February 9, 2019 - 22:51

I just came back from have the absolute best time with Shawn. I don't...I don't know the last time I felt this happy about something––about someone. And while I think it should scare me, falling this hard for a person so fast...

I never want this particular happiness to go away anytime soon.

___

Ella stood next to my desk, a sharp glare directed at me, as I sat on my bed about ready to kick her out of my tiny room. She was relentless, throwing sweaters at me from every direction, as she claimed that I should be thanking her for what was happening in just an hour.

"Soft pink or black," Ella held up two sweaters, describing them to me as if I wasn't the one who packed them in my suitcase before leaving America, "I think you should go with the soft pink. It really brings out your eyes––"

I let out a huff as I let myself completely fall back on my bed, "Ella, I don't care."

"You should!" Her voice was too high pitched for my liking. I shut my eyes as her voice only grew more shrill and urgent––As if she was the one about to go on a date, "This is your first date with Shawn! Everything about how today goes will either make or break your relationship––"

I sat up and threw a pillow at her, that caused her to drop the sweaters on the floor, "He's literally seen me near tears bent over a text book," I glared at her, "He just said to wear 'whatever'." I brought my fingers up in air quotes to mimic what he said over text.

Ella threw the pillow right back at my face, "And that's why he needs to see you in a pretty jumper!" The pillow fell into my lap and I cradled it to my chest as she continued on, "And I can't believe you didn't ask him what to wear! It took me being on top of you––trying to rip your mobile from your hands to text him myself––before you asked him!"

I broke her gaze and squeezed the pillow tighter to my chest, embarrassed that Jack walked in right as Ella had me practically in a choke hold, reaching for my phone. Shawn never specified what we were doing on our date. I tried asking him yesterday when I went in for coffee, but all he did was smirk and wink. I even looked at Niall for help, but he just shrugged his shoulders.

He was just as clueless as I was.

Tapping on my phone that was on my sheets, I noticed the time and saw that Shawn would be here in less than an hour. I felt my stomach twist in knots, hands start to sweat, but I couldn't help but feel a small tug at the corners of my lips because Shawn and I were going to spend time together.

Time together that wasn't at Brightside. Time that wasn't dictated by my university schedule or a demanding customer. We would have nothing but time.

"Soft pink," I mumbled as Ella cheered victoriously and threw it my way. I held the sweater limply in my hands, "When he asked me out on Wednesday, he said he would be showing me around and then getting something to eat."

Ella held up a few small golden necklaces, tilting her head as she decided which one I should wear, "You still need to look your best." She gently placed one necklace on my desk and walked up to me and held the necklace she liked next to my face, "I think this'll look pretty."

"Ella."

She held her hands up in defense, "Sorry, sorry! It's just I've literally watched both of you pine for each other and it's finally happening."