Chapter 19: Back to School

“JS! Wake up!” Vanilla shouted while I was still half asleep.

Her voice broke the silence, in my dreams.

I heard her voice while I was moving my head towards the really tall chocolate ice cream. OH NO! She must be coming here to steal my ice cream. I carried the ice cream carefully and ran to the  direction of Vanilla is heading, away from her. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I came to an end, where I fell. The cold ground cans in contact with my knees and palms causing my skin to peel slightly, causing minor rashes. 

When I look up, the ice cream disappeared from my hands and I stood in a totally pitch dark corner. Where am I? I started walking around the place with hands stretch in front of me moving my hands left and right.

I suddenly feel the earthquake. Why was there earthquake? It's so shaky! Stars started to form around my head. I forced open my eyes

I came back to reality.and saw Vanilla shaking me, up and down.

"Stop!" I screamed while Vanilla covered one of her ears which is closer to my face. She stopped, panting heavily. I didn't know that it can be a form of exercise.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm he..here to wake you up. Don't you remember that today is the start of school? One month had passed." She said frowning.

"What? So fast?" Dark clouds seemed to constantly loom over my head.

"Come on! Get ready yourself. If not we will be late." Vanilla said.

Vanilla had already got ready. She was well dressed with her bag pack and a thick book in her hand.

I jumped up from my bed and landed on the concrete floor.

*****************

"Good morning students! Welcome back to school!" Miss Joanna warmed up the school.

No response from the school, but small whispers were heard.

"Alright... We have already put the the class list on the notice board. Please mildly check on them and proceed to your classrooms by 10a.m. " She announced.

I tilt my watch to the direction where I was, it was 9.15a.m. now. Vanilla and I rushed to the board and glanced through it very quickly where we spot our names.

JS: Year 2, Class Fabulous

.
.
.

Vanilla: Year 2, Class Fabulous

"Woohoo!" Vanilla and I jumped with joy after knowing that we remained as together! I felt that the whole world was by my side,supporting me.

I remember when I'm in secondary school, teachers like to switch our sitting arrangement. I always felt so angry about it, but.. nothing can be done by me.

You know the feeling when your best friends are not beside you. The teachers must be happy seeing us separated apart. Do you feel the same way as me?

I'm pretty sure it won't be the same now. As we would be studying in a hall! Choose whatever seats we want. Yeah!

We went into the hall and chose to sit at the first row.

"This is so cool!" Vanilla said while scanning the hall.

The hall was clean, smell of perfume and many new technologies. We would get a laptop each! I felt so fortunate and excited.