Chapter 3

Jackie's POV

My stomach growls loudly when the cheers quiet down after Kevin's speech. The group's heads snap toward me before they start laughing.

"Come on. Before Mr. Myers finishes his speech stuff, let's get some fucking food." I stand up from the couch, holding Oz's shirt.

"Great idea." Jim says, standing up.

"I'll meet you guys there. I got my bike fixed." Finch stands up, gulping the last bit of his drink.

"Who's driving? That chick dropped me off." Oz says as he stands and stretches.

"Kevin." Jim answers, walking out of the room.

Kevin rolls his eyes playfully before grabbing his shoes. "I gotta piss."

He leaves the room and I look at Oz.

"Here."

I hold out his shirt and he shakes his head.

"You're wearing a tank top. You can wear it, if you want."

"Thanks." I smile, slipping it over my head.

***

It doesn't take us long to get to Dog Years. Finch saved us a round table so we quickly got our food and sat down. I'm sitting between Jim, who is on my right, and Oz. On Oz's left is Kevin with Finch closing it up beside Jim. We're all eating when Kevin continues to talk about the pact.

"Now, the sex...It's got to be valid, consensual sex." He looks at Finch who's sipping on his drink. "And no prostitutes, if that's what you were thinking, Finch."

Jim laughs and picks up his drink. "Busted."

Finch glares at him slightly and I look at Kevin.

"Great. My grand plan, now foiled!" I tease him.

Kevin rolls his eyes playfully at me. "Shush, Jack. But basically prom is our last chance."

"Dude, prom sucks." Oz looks over at him.

"I know, but you gotta think about it this way....All the parties afterwards. Chicks are gonna want to do it." Kevin tries to explain.

"He's right." I nod, taking a bite of my hot dog.

"Yeah, it's like...Tradition or something." Jim finishes my thoughts.

"The Rose Bowl." Finch nods.

"Right. That gives us..." Kevin tries to do quick math.

"Exactly three weeks to the day." Jim and I say, together.

Being twins...this happens a lot! We all glance around the table, realizing this is it.

"We're gonna do this." Finch smiles widely.

"Alright! To the next step!" Kevin holds up his drink.

I grab mine and hold it up to his, along with the other guys.

"To the next step!" We say one by one before pushing our cups together.

Third Person POV

For the next week or so, they're strategizing on how they can get prom dates! First, Jim and Jackie help Kevin get back into Vicky's good graces. Jim and her are sitting on Kevin's floor looking through a phone book, trying to find a flower place nearby. She stops him from turning the page and points to one in small writing in the bottom corner.

His eyes light up before patting her leg and standing up. He rushes over to Kevin and shows him. Kevin immediately calls the number.

***