Chapter 1

I sit at my computer in my bedroom trying to do some research for my history homework that's due tomorrow. Graduation is right around the corner and I need to keep my grades up if I'm going to college next year. I'm just waiting on my acceptance letter for U of M, the University of Michigan.

Jim, my slightly younger twin brother, and I have been dying to go to this school since it's close to our hometown and all our friends want to go there too. Sighing, I throw my head back and close my eyes. This answer wasn't in the book and I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

How can it be so damn hard to find a single answer to a history assignment? I rub my eyes, thankful I already took off my make-up. Keeping my head tilted back as I open my eyes, a picture hanging on my wall above my bed captures my attention. Smiling to myself, I slowly get up from my chair and walk over to take the pin out of the picture so I can look at it up close.

My four best friends, my twin brother and I are in our backyard for Jim and I's 18th birthday. We didn't want a huge party since we needed to save money for college the next year so we all just hung out at our house while my dad grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs and my mom prepared the side dishes of chips and dip, corn, and two store bought cakes.

Kevin Myers is on the left, smiling at the camera. He's the unofficial leader of our small group we have. He's also the only one with a significant other and her name is Vicki. They started dating around homecoming so she wouldn't have been able to come.

Next in line is my awkward goofball of a twin brother, laughing with his head tilted back with his hand on my upper back. He's the awkward, and I do mean really awkward, smart kid and is a complete dork...but he's my brother and I love him. Even if I may tease him...a lot...I still love him and would do anything for my brother.

Next in line is me getting a piggyback ride from our friend Chris 'Oz' Ostreicher, who is the fun loving jock. He's looking over his shoulder at me with a huge smile as I smile widely at the camera with my arms around his neck. He's probably my bestest friend out of everyone in the group.

Standing beside us is our asshole, sex crazed friend Steve Stifler, but they all just call him Stifler. He's in mid-laugh at something that Jim said that caused us all to laugh. He only came because he thought our parents wouldn't be here but stayed for the food. Lastly at the end is our 'sophisticated and philosophical' friend Paul Finch, who we call Finch. He's just smiling at the camera as if he has no care in the world.

We've all been friends for as long as I can remember. Despite us all being different, for example Oz went into sports with Stifler, and Jim and Finch being socially awkward with anyone outside our friend group, we've all stayed friends throughout the years and I personally think we will even through college.

I pin the photo back onto my wall and take my seat back at my desk, ready to keep pushing through this homework. At least...I'm ready but before I can continue, something loud coming from the other side of my bedroom door piques my interest. I raise an eyebrow and stand up from my computer chair.

"Guess homework's just gonna have to wait." I mumble to myself, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

Walking to the door, I open it to see that across the hall my brother's door's standing wide open with my parents right next to his bed.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

My mom turns around and looks at me with shock written all over her face.

"Jackie, go back into your room please." She walks toward me.

"Why? Is Jim okay?" I ask, slightly worried for my twin brother.