20| 3 𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅𝑆 𝐴𝐺𝑂

I cry out in horror as they all start beating my mom to death. I try to get in there to help her but they keep pushing me back. They won't let me in. "Run my baby boy." I hear her scream before someone kicks her in the throat. Two people dragged my dad away with some silver cuffs. They couldn't take me because silver doesn't affect me.

So instead they knocked me out. When I woke up I was too late. They took my dad somewhere and now they are beating my mom. I feel so helpless. I try again knocking 3 people out at a time. By the time I get to her, there is blood all over her face. It's unrecognizable.

I feel her neck to see if she's still breathing, but she isn't. Her lungs have collapsed and her bones are broken. I scream angrily. How could this have happened? What did I do to deserve this? Please mom wake up.

I sniff for my dad and catch his scent. I lift my mom's body onto my back and her blood runs down my chest. I use my wolf speed to get to him. Only two people are punching my father. I set my mother down and take care of them. "Hurry son we need to go." I break the handcuffs burning my father only once.

He looks over at my mom's body and screams out. "No, no, no, no, no! Hanna, please wake up." he goes over to her. "Those monsters messed up your face. It's okay. It will heel." I walk over to my dad with tears in my eyes and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Dad she's gone." I sob "No she's not Emilio.  You Golden wolves heel slow, but you still heel." I hear people shouting find them. "We gotta go, dad." I lift my mom onto my back. She may be gone but I'm going to bury her properly.

We use our speed trying to get to the next territory. It's going to take us 4 hours so we have to stay low. I spot someone running towards us. My dad gets ready to attack. Veronica shows up and we take a breath.

"They are looking for you. I know a shortcut to get you out of here follow me." she says "Why should we trust you. For all we know you could be leading us towards them." she looks at my mom with a sad look on her face.

"I'm not a monster like them. Your mother did nothing wrong and they killed her. I want to help you because I wasn't able to help her." she says. I look into her eyes for a second determining if she's telling the truth or not.

I can't read her mind but I want to trust her. "Okay. Lead the way."

We follow her for what feels like forever. When we get to the border 2 hours later the pack leader and some of his guards are with him glaring at us. It doesn't take them long to figure out we are running away.

"Why are you here?" The Alpha growls. My father holds his hands above his head. "My name is David. My pack has kicked me out and killed my wife with evil intentions. We have come to live a new life." my father bows his head.

"Aren't you supposed to be an Alpha?" He raises his eyebrow "Yes, sadly my whole territory joined together to kill me. I'm useless without my luna." he points to my mother on my back.

The Alpha looks at us with pity. "My name is Leon and I'm Alpha of the northern territory. I'll let you guys cross over but you will be giving up your old lives," he says.

We both nod. I turn to Veronica. "If they find out you helped us you might be killed," I tell her. "It's fine. They won't find out." she pats my back. "Listen. My best friend's death wasn't your fault. You can't control who you are." after she gives me a smile she disappears. We follow the alpha through a bunch of woods before we reach some houses. There's a blue house and a red house side by side and a street leading to more.

"You will be living in this house. I'll come back to tell you both your jobs around here. You can say goodbye to your mom over there." he points to what looks like a graveyard.