Chapter 5 ✿

Mark scrunched his nose at Xuxi's whining, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Xuxi, stop it... This is just to make Jeno more comfortable around you guys. Would you rather him be disgusted when you're around, or at least tolerable?" He asked, making the alpha look down at him.

"I'd prefer your love interest to tolerate me."

"Good, now shut up." Mark rolled his eyes, rubbing a shirt he had worn the day before on Xuxi's shirt, puckering his lips out.

"Dunno why you're complaining about Mark scenting us," Johnny yawned, tapping around on his phone.

"Because I happen to think my scent is nice!" Xuxi scrunched his nose, glaring at Johnny.

"Well, as Mark explained, Jeno would think you smell disgusting. So shush."

Laughing at the interaction between his two best friends, Mark continued to rub his shirt against Xuxi.

Mark had known Xuxi since they were young. They had gone to the same middle school with one another, and their first meeting had been quite interesting. Back then, Mark was a rebellious preteen that wanted to fight every alpha he came across, but Xuxi was different from the other alphas at school. Xuxi refused to fight him, and even let Mark push him around and call him names. He stood strong and just let Mark do his thing, and after Mark had calmed himself down, he had a newfound respect for this alpha. Hence, why they were never torn apart after that. Xuxi was the only alpha that Mark trusted with his whole being.

Johnny, on the other hand, was a different story. He and Mark had met each other through mutual friends they had, and slowly became friends. Nothing out of the ordinary, and they had only been friends for a few years, but they got along well, and found it fun to be together. They always had a good laugh when they were spending time together, and Johnny played the role of the mature older brother in their trio.

"By the way, Jeno has his friend coming over as well, and he's just like him in the sense that he hates how alphas smell. So please be aware of that and try not to get too close and personal with either of them, Xuxi. Johnny, you should be fine, but still, don't smother them."

"Do I look like the smothering type to you?" Johnny asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, no. But Xuxi is, so... Be aware of personal boundaries, Xu."

The alpha rolled his eyes, nodding his head. "Yes mom."

Mark had just gotten finished with making sure both of his friends were scented well before there was a knock at his front door. He quickly threw his shirt into the laundry bin in his room, then hurrying to the front door so that he could let Jeno and Taeyong into his dorm room.

"Jeno!" He chirped at the other, who grinned and stepped forward, enveloping him into a hug. Mark felt his face heat up immediately, and he looked over Jeno's shoulder, locking eyes with Taeyong, who was staring at him. He cleared his throat and pulled back, smiling.

"And you are...?" Mark asked, motioning to the bright redhead.

"Lee Taeyong, glad to meet you. You're Mark?"

"Yeah, I'm Mark. Oh, Jeno, these are my friends, Yukhei and Johnny. We call Yukhei, Xuxi though. It's his nickname."

Mark watched as Jeno shot a smile at the two behind him. "Happy to meet you both! I'm sure you guys are wonderful friends."

Xuxi immediately beamed at Jeno, and Johnny followed along, but his smile was less. Both of them were of course trying their best to be respectful and welcoming of this new person, and luckily, they were both doing it well.