Chapter 2 ✿

Jeno emerged from his dorm room, a goofy smile set on his lips. He'd just responded to a text from Mark, which was a simple good morning. Even that made him feel a little fluttery. He really liked Mark, and he hoped to spend more time with him in the upcoming days. The omega really couldn't help but let his mind wander about what went on between him and Mark the previous night, it made him get all red in the face and ears, and even made him whine a little bit. Thinking about those few amazing kisses that they shared, truly made him feel like he was floating. He wanted to feel Mark's soft lips pressed up against his own again... He tasted like watermelon. It must've been the chapstick he used, but he really liked it nonetheless.

Jeno's eyes flicked to his side, jumping slightly when he saw his best friend there with him. "Jesus Yong, way to freak me out," he whined, earning a laugh from the omega at his side.

"Sorry about that. I did say your name a few times, but it seems that you were stuck in your thoughts, huh? What're you thinking about?" The red haired omega asked, a smile placing itself upon his pretty face.

Jeno obviously hesitated, but Taeyong WAS his best friend, so he wanted to make sure that he was being open and truthful about everything. He was also pretty sure that there were still hints of Mark's scent of gardenia and lily of the valley on him... He wouldn't be able to wiggle his way out of this one. Releasing a sigh, the younger omega smiled. "I was kissed by someone last night, and I was just thinking about how I want to kiss them again. They tasted like watermelon, you know!" The boy giggled out, making Taeyong laugh along with him.

"Who is this mystery person? Tell me more about them!" Taeyong said eagerly, wanting to know more about his best friend's possible crush.

"His name is Mark Lee, and he's a freshman like I am," Jeno said, smiling. "He's an omega too, and he helped me out at that party I went to last night. He actually stopped an alpha from making moves on me." The younger omega explained, quietly observing as Taeyong's face scrunched up in disgust at the mention of an alpha.

Jeno and Taeyong were both the same in that sense, they both hated how alphas smelled. Always too musky and overpowering, they'd feel as if they were suffocating if too close to an alpha for long periods of time. That was why Taeyong always went out with someone, and never attended parties alone; Jeno thought that he should probably start taking someone everywhere with him, but Taeyong was usually at his side.

"This Mark kid seems really nice. Anything else to spill?" Taeyong pressed gently.

"Yeah. We decided to ditch the party and got some food from the Seven Eleven that's just a little ways from here, and then came back to his dorm. We ate, and then we watched a movie and... Made out. It was pretty amazing. After that, we hung out a little more, then he walked me back to my dorm," Jeno motioned back to his dorm room as he and Taeyong walked along to their classes.

The older of the two seemed ecstatic to know that his friend was finally interested in someone. Jeno found it cute that Taeyong always worried about if he'd find the right omega or beta for him. The fluffy haired boy knew that he was glowing when he spoke about Mark to his closest and longest held friend.

"It looks like you like Mark a lot, Jeno."

"I think I do, Taeyong. He's just really sweet, and so selfless." Jeno felt that same goofy smile float back onto his face.

Jeno stepped out of his last class for the day, glancing around as he waited. He and Mark had agreed to meet up after their classes were done, and Mark told him to wait at his last class for him, so that's what he was doing. Butterflies were filling the young omega's tummy, just wanting to meet up with the other and spend the rest of the day at his side. The fact that he had someone else to hang out with besides Taeyong, even though he loved him to bits, made him feel relieved. Being around Taeyong almost 24/7 could be exhausting, and he was sure that Taeyong felt the same way about him.