Chapter 3 ✿

A week had passed by since that day that Mark and Jeno had gone to the arcade together, and there had only been one day in that week that they hadn't met with each other. That week, to Mark, felt like the best week of his whole life. He loved spending time with Jeno, who was so sweet and caring towards him. He loved knowing that he had found someone that he could rely on and put his trust in. Not that he didn't have people like that, because he did, but Jeno was different than his two best friends were. Mark was super happy to finally have an omega friend with the same, or pretty much the same, thoughts on the social hierarchy around how omegas, alphas, and betas were to be treated. It was wrong, and Mark knew that Jeno had felt that way about it too. That's a reason why he trusted him so easily and knew he could continue trusting him.

Mark was eagerly awaiting for Jeno to arrive at his home, so that they could spend time together. He still had about forty five minutes left, so he decided to make them some nice sandwiches to snack on. Luckily, Mark had decent cooking abilities thanks to his mother, so he used the time that he had to make them some delicious egg sandwiches. They were easy to make, just boil some eggs, peel them, and then mush everything together with some mayonnaise and mustard, as well as salt and pepper. It wasn't a usual thing for Mark to personally make food for someone he found interest in, but Jeno was really different for him.

The flower scented omega hurried over to the door when there was a knock, grinning brightly as he opened it. He almost bounced eagerly from all the excitement that had built up inside of him, although he held it down to a very, very small bounce on the balls of his feet. "Hi! Come in, come in. Thank you for coming over to hang out with me." He said with a large, silly grin.

"Of course, I wouldn't ever wanna turn you down. Plus, I enjoy hanging out with you, I truly do. You make me happier." Jeno's voice audibly turned shy as he said that last part, and Mark's face slowly went red too.

"I'm glad... Uh, anyways," He stammered. "I made us something to snack on, so hopefully you like it. Come with me?" Mark suggested with a sheepish grin, walking along to the couch when Jeno nodded.

The two sat down next to each other on the couch, Mark immediately trying to spark up a conversation with the other omega.

"How was yesterday for you? I know we didn't talk much, you seemed pretty stressed out."

"Ah, yesterday was fine and all, but I think the test stressed me out a little bit. I'm glad that it's over and done with though, so I mean, hopefully I did good! I'm sure I did, still a little bit unsure though." Jeno shot a gentle and unsure smile at Mark, who smiled back.

"I'm sure you did amazing, Jeno, so don't worry too much about it, yeah?"

"Thank you Mark, hearing that makes me," there was a pause, "happy and reassured."

The smile that Jeno put on because of Mark's simple words made Mark smile back at him. Jeno's smile, where his eyes disappeared and his smile shone brighter than anything on his face, and Mark felt like he had been blessed by an angel whenever he saw it. The happiness that radiated from Jeno made Mark happy too.

"Of course," Mark murmured. He picked up the two small plates with the halves of the sandwich he made, holding one out for the other. "Here, try it for me. I wanna know if i did a good job!"

Watching quietly as Jeno nodded and picked up his half of the sandwich, an even larger smile lifted Mark's lips up. "How is it?" He asked after Jeno had bit into the sandwich.

It took a second for Jeno to respond because of the food in his mouth, but he smiled and nodded his head as he chewed. "It's so good... You're an amazing cook, Mark!" The enthusiasm in his voice made Mark blush brightly and laugh excitedly.