Bond Family ~Chapter 1~

It was a Saturday afternoon at the apartment complex where the Bond family lived. Charles was lying on the ground, scrolling through social media. Mr. and Mrs. Bond were getting there things together, about to leave for work. The two were doctors and worked at the same hospital. However, they were doctors, but also worked in the different fields. Mr. Bond worked in the science and medical field where he did experiments on solutions and liquids, while Mrs. Bond worked in the artificial respiration field where she helped with people's breathing whether in a resting state.

"Charles, we're leaving. Don't forget to walk Dempsey. Okay?" Mrs. Bond yelled.

"Yea, mom. Got it." Charles replied, looking away from his phone.

Mr. and Mrs. Bond left and Charles went into the kitchen and looked for something to eat. Wow, nothing, nothing at all. Charles thought to himself.  

"What do you say Dempsey, should we make a run?" Charles asked the dog.

Dempsey sat there on the ground and just looked.

"Great, yeah. I mean I thought so too!" Charles shrugged.

He grabbed a hoodie and Dempsey's leash. After getting Dempsey on the leash, they walked out the door. Reaching out the exit of the apartment complex, Charles examined all the new buildings that were upgraded. Touch screen monitors were used to open doors, new marble sidewalks were installed, and portable television were used as security. Charles thought everything was so futuristic, yet safe in a way. As he walked up to a food truck hoping to get a burger, there was a little old woman in front of him and she was having trouble with scanning her card through a device. It was touch screen and Charles knew exactly what to do.

"Ma'am, may I help you with that?" Charles asked.

"Oh, please. Could you? I don't see why it won't scan." She replied.

As the old woman gave Charles her card and looked over the menu once more, Charles quickly hacked into the touch screen device and fixed the problem.

"There you are." He gave the card back to the woman.

"Thank you, dear." She looked at him.

"Oh my, you're a very handsome young man?" She said.

"You're welcome and thank you, ma'am." Charles chuckled.

After the woman left, Charles ordered and was on his way back to the apartment. He finished walking Dempsey and walked all the way back to the apartment room.

Night came quickly and Charles got ready for bed. He gave his parents a quick call as he knew they wouldn't be back home until tomorrow afternoon. Looking through social media once more, he saw that his friends, Brandon and Lee hung out at the skate park that day. He decided to give them a call.

phone ringing

*picks up*

"Yo, wassup?" Charles said.

"Aye man, we still at the skate park." Brandon said.

"Yo, we ain't talked in so long?" Lee cut in.

"What are you talking about? We talked yesterday." Charles said.

"Oh, oops." Lee sighed.

"Ya'll good?" Charles asked.

"Yeah, just uh chilling with the homies." Brandon said seriously.

"Yeah, okay. I was just calling ya'll to see what was happening?" Charles sighed.

"We gotta go Charles. See you at school, Monday?" Brandon said.

"Alright." Charles said, hanging up the phone afterwards.

He knew what Brandon meant when he said they were "chilling with the homies." When they gonna stop doing this stuff, it's messed up. Charles thought to himself. Minutes later, he puts on his headphones and plays some music, falling asleep after the first song.