The New Years Party ~Chapter 11~

Charles just finished getting ready and later picked up Layn in his new car. Layn was obviously jealous of his new ride while all she got from her mother was a hand-built metal Christmas tree. However, she was thankful. 

"You look good!" Charles said.

"Thanks, bae. So do you, luv." Layn finished the final touches on her face while Charles began driving to work.

Once they finally arrive, many people were there. Well-known business owners, engineers, executives, and just high-class people in general. Charles and Layn entered the building and looked for Mr. Tep. Charles introduced Layn to Mr. Tep and his other coworkers in the building. Decorations were held high, elegant music played in the background, and smiles were shown on everyone's faces as they talked.

Charles was standing just before the entrance where he had been talking to two women who couldn't believe the matureness for his age. He glanced outside the window and saw a beatdown car flash its headlights. Charles immediately got the urge to approach it as he had a guess of who it could be. Making sure Layn was nowhere near, he excused himself and left the building into the back of the parking lot. Brandon came out before Charles even reached the car.

"Yo, what are you doing here? I left you alone." Charles blared.

"Yeah, but not for long, right?" Brandon said.

"What are you talking about?" Charles crossed his arms.

"How much you getting?" Brandon ignored the question.

Charles stood there, knowing he was talking about money.

"Oh so they see you as the easy target to get to me and then Mr. Tep, right?" Charles ignored his question.

Brandon just stood there.

"How much is it?" He pushed up against Charles, demandingly.

"Get off! Go home, Brandon. Does your dad know where you are right now?" Charles said, pushing Brandon off of him.

Brandon backed off and gave Charles a serious look before going back inside the car. Charles watched the car leave before heading back inside. When he turned around, Mr. Tep had been standing there looking in Charles's direction. Fear of losing his job ran through Charles's body. Charles hesitated a moment before walking up to Mr. Tep. With his hand in his pockets and face showed of disappointment, Mr. Tep stood there waiting for a perfectly good excuse for all of this.

"Uh, Charles what was all of that?" Mr. Tep angrily gestured with his hands in the direction the car was.

"That was Brandon." Charles faced the ground.

"Who?" Mr. Tep said in confusion.

"Would it be fine if I talked with you about this some other time? I don't want to draw the attention of everyone inside, please." Charles finally looked at him.

They both looked inside the building and saw everyone enjoying themselves.

"Alright, tomorrow afternoon. I'll pick you up." Mr. Tep walked back inside.

Charles followed behind him.

Seconds before the new year's countdown and Charles and Layn were slow dancing. Everything was perfect Layn thought, however, she could only speak for herself. Charles thought of all he was going to say to Mr. Tep the next day.

"Ten..nine..eight..seven..six..five..four..three..two..one! Happy New Year!" Everyone screamed from the top of their lungs while gold, white, and silver confetti shot out into the air.