Yeah, a date ~Chapter 6~

– Charles and Layn enter the café –

"Wow, this is nice." Layn said.

"Yeah, I've been coming here for a while now." Charles responded.

"Really, cool." She smiled.

They were greeted by a worker, and found themselves a table to sit at. Charles ordered and Layn agreed to have what he was having.

"So, is this a date, Charles Bond?" Layn ran her hand through her long black hair.

"Yeah." Charles smirked.

"Okay, okay. How are you doing?"

"I'm good actually. Planning on going to a fancy event tomorrow. How are you?"

"I'm good too. An event? What is about?" Layn questioned.

"Uh I recently applied to be an assistant – employee for the state building owner. Someone will be chosen tomorrow to be his personal assistant – employee. It's basically just to see who will best be fit for the job."

"Someone? As in only one person?" Layn asked.

"Yeah, surprisingly." Charles laughed.

"That's great. I hope you have a good time and that you're chosen." Layn wished him luck.

"Thanks, I appreciate it. So what about you?"

"My family and I just finished moving into our new home. It's about twenty minutes from here. The apartment complex where you stay at is sort of similar to where I stay. " Layn said looking out the window they sat next too.

"Twenty minutes? You take the bus here or the subway?" 

"I took the bus here, it wasn't bad. Not many people were on there, I'm guessing because of the storm that's about to hit the whole of New York." Layn said.

They're food and drinks are served to them

"Yeah, I've been watching the news. The storm doesn't sound too good." Charles began.

"Yeah." Layn responded.

"Do you have any siblings? Tell me about your family." Charles suggested.

"Okay, it's just me, my mom, and younger brother. He's four now. My dad wasn't really in the picture, but I've heard some things about him. I just know that he recently left. It's kinda the reason why we moved to New York because things got out of hand. I'm not really affected by it, like how most people would be. My mom got a new job at a company and she's an engineer there. She tells me that she does a lot there, so I like to think of it like she's a general engineer. I think she's always been intrigued and experienced in that field of study. At the other place she used to work at, she'd always bring back projects and stuff just to show me. My brother now, well he's in pre-k and I love him very much. Yeah, what's your family like?"

"Oh, I'm sorry about your dad. It was probably rough for you. My family, it's just me and my parents. I hope they weren't you know, weird by the way. Um they work at the same hospital, my father is basically a scientist there and my mom works in the respiration field. I can tell like their job too. They're the type to get along very well. Kind of like goofy in a way." Charles said.

"Yeah, I can tell. They're not weird at all, I think they're nice. I think it's great that they work in such fields like that. Good for them." Layn said.

"By the way, I like your glasses. Suits you very well." She said.

"Thank you." Charles grinned.

Charles and Layn talk for about the next ten minutes. Then they decide to leave.

"You know, I'll drive you home. I promise I have my license." Charles chuckled.

"Really, thank you so much. As long as it's okay." Layn smiled.

"Yeah, let me just go get my mom's car keys."

"Alright."

As Charles began walking across the street, back to the apartment complex, he thought about Layn. Charles kinda didn't like the idea of Layn walking back home. It was like fifteen degrees outside and snowing. She'd either have to wait for the next bus to arrive at the bus stop or go on the subway. Either way, it would take twenty minutes. Driving her home would be quicker, he thought.

Charles got the keys and they made their way to Layn's house. Layn gave him the address because it was only fair that she was given his. They made their way, passing Central Park and many buildings. Once they arrived, they talked for a bit.

"Thanks again for driving me home." 

"Honestly, any time. I'll be getting a car soon, so like whenever you need me." Charles exclaimed.

"Great, I enjoyed our lil date. Now I have to babysit my brother while my mom goes to work. I'll see you later." Layn said, leaving the car.

"I enjoyed it too. Bye."

Charles drove back home safely and entered his room. He set out all he thought he needed for the event. That reminded him that he needed to tell his parents that the event was tomorrow at five pm. Mr. and Mrs. Bond were fine with it and agreed that he could take his dad's car. Mr. Bond thought Charles could show up to the event with class, so he's letting Charles take his black Mercedes – Benz G–Class. Charles was overly excited even though he kept thinking that he wouldn't need to take the car. 

He grabbed one of his dad's work bag and made sure his laptop, notebook and pen, and a few papers he'd think he would need was in it. After that, he chose a black suit to wear and figured out how he would style it. When he was finished, the day was coming to an end. Charles checked his phone and followed Layn on all of her social media accounts and got her number. He texted her and they talked more.

Charles went to sleep that night and hoped for the best for everything.