PART - 20

Only two days left for the marriage. Aakash came back soon but why? What does he want? He finished his work and came back without informing anyone.
Aakash: Don’t know why everyone is against me for attending the marriage. But why I am eager?
He himself is confused.
Aakash: Do I love her? But what about Payal, I love Payal and Kushi.
Thinking so, he pressed the calling bell.
HP opened the door and welcomed him. At the same time, Payal and family were present there.
Payal: Aakashhh
Payal was happy to see him and she hugged him. Arnav was surprised to see him so soon.
Payal: Aakash, you have lost weight.
Aakash smiled at her and then he stumbled.
Aakash: Woah!
La gave him a strong hug.
La: Hey, Akkuuuu. Seems you have become handsome.
Payal: He is always.
Aakash went to his room to freshen up. He saw a small parcel on his bed. He then thougth to see it later. He took it and get it aside the table. He came down and sat with the Goenkas. Guptas too came. Kushi was upset to see Aakash. Arnav saw her. Even Garima noticed.
Arnav: Garima aunty, when did she come home yesterday?
Garima: As usual. It passed 8:30. But beta, you are bad. I already said you to leave Kushi soon.
Aakash: What? 8:30? But the office closes by 4 or sometimes by 5.
Garima: Kushi?
Kushi: Maa, that’s work.
Garima looked at Arnav for answer.
Arnav saw Kushi and Kushi pleaded not to tell anything.
Arnav smirked: Ask her aunty.
Garima: Kushi? What work?
Kushi suddenly came up with an idea.
Kushi: That I wanted to spend some time with Arnavji that why.
She said softly. Except the Goenkas, the others were shocked.
Arnav: Kushi
Said softly.
Garima: But you were late to home even before marriage proposal. Oh! I got it. That means not only Arnav but and you too love him. Kushiiii, you hid this from me.
Kushi didn’t know what to say.
Kushi nodded her head slowly. Garima cupped her face.
Kushi: Sorry mumma.
Garima: That’s why the proposals where rejected?
Kushi bent her head down and nodded her head again. Ratna was controlling her laugh seeing her son shock.
Ratna: Garima, I think Arnav and Kushi wants to talk something privately.
Garima: They can. But she could have told me earlier. He is Aakash’s brother and I would accept him whole heartedly.
This sentence opened the half-hidden wound in Kushi. The Raizadas saw Kushi emotionally and La and Goenka couldn’t understand this.
La: Is my brothers hiding something from me?
***
Arnav took Kushi privately. He saw tears in her eyes. Arnav hugged her.
Arnav: Kushi, you what, I am really possessive for my things. And seeing you cry for him, I don’t like it.
Kushi: Then if I cry because of you, is it fine?
Arnav saw Kushi who was pouting.
Arnav: No, you should never cry ever.
Kushi for the first time hugged him on her own which made Arnav still.
Arnav: And what was that?
He asked about the scene which happened a few minutes ago.
Kushi: What?
Arnav: Don’t you know.
Kushi: Okay, okay. I know it was sounding awkward but I had no other way. I don’t want mumma to know anything I am going through. She is very much happy and let her be.
Arnav: But I want it to be true. And Kushi, you are a strong girl but why are weak in front of me.
Kushi: Who said?
Arnav: Then look into my eyes and speak.
Kushi: I am looking.
Arnav: Not my face but my eyes.
Kushi: Okay, now say me what you want to ask me? Yesterday, yo…
Arnav: Don’t change the topic. Why are you not looking into my eyes?
Kushi was silent but Arnav was going on asking why, why, why continuously.
Kushi (shouted): Because I am afraid
Kushi looked a him, in his eyes.
Kushi: I am afraid, Arnav ji that I will start loving you.
This time she said softly. Arnav looked at her but he failed to listen her calling him Arnav ji for the first time.
***
Mrs. Goenka: If Kush would have opened up, then Aakash and Payal would have been married by now.
Garima nodded her head with happiness.
Garima: Aakash beta, you would have surely known her love for Arnav. At least you should have said me or your mother.
Aakash: No, aunty, I
Ratna: No, Garima ji. All happened for good. Let’s take it like that.
Ratna eyed Aakash.
Aakash: I will be back.
Garima: I think Kushi hid from Aakash.
***
Arnav: Kushi, what’s there to be afraid.
Kushi: I don’t want to fall in love and get hurt. Whoever I start to love, they leave me. My dad, Aakash and I have only my mother.
Arnav: I am there and will always be with you.
Kushi: You wanted to know my work in medical shop, right? And I forgot to ask. Why did you buy paracetamol, fever?
Arnav: No, Kushi. And I knew why you work because you wanted to repay me with interest for the loan you took right.
Kush nodded.
Arnav: But there is no need for you to do that.
Kushi: I won’t give another chance to call me gold-digger which is not.
Arnav: Can’t you forget that?
Kushi: Can’t you understand me? Why did you think I begged you not to tell Aakash that I borrowed money from you? You say I am weak. Yes, I am weak but it’s because of your brother Aakash. You know everything and how can you say that.
Kushi looked at Arnav painfully with tears. Kushi rushed out wiping her tears.
When Kushi was out of the room, La grabbed her into her room.
La: See, Kushi. This is not the time to argue. Tell me fully whatever happened. You know by this, you can let your heart out.
In the heat of the moment, Kushi was not strong enough to hide the feelings and blabbered everything.
Aakash: What? Kushi, you borrowed money.
Kushi turned and saw Aakash. Shock was visible on Aakash’s face.
Kushi: Aakash!
Kushi’s eyes followed behind him where Arnav was standing.
No one talked to each other. Kushi went away from that place.
***
The two days passed and the day of marriage came.
Aakash: Kushi, how can you do this.
He was filled with anger and cried.
*SMASH THE VOTE BUTTON*

To be continued…

--------------------------------------------------------
Dated: 28-12-2020

Yours,

Lily