PART - 37

Arnav came down for the breakfast. Kushi saw him. Arnav gave his awe-struck smile but Kushi turned suddenly not wanting to see the smile which will make her lose.

"Chotte and Kushi, you both are not going to work today"

"Why ma?", Kushi asked.

"We are going to Payal's house"

"Really? Sudden decision?", Arnav asked

"This Aakash!"

Aakash gave a slight smile trying to hide the blush.

"Congratulations Aakash", "Congratulations Baby brother"

"What Aakash's marriage? No one said me", La gave her dramatic entry.

"It happened last night. You all were sleeping. So, didn't disturb you"

"Ma, but me and Kushi were not sleeping. You should have come"

Kushi's eyes popped out. Ratna hit Arnav's head, "Shameless. Be quiet, La is here."

Then Arnav understood what his mother would have thought but he was thinking of the pretending sleep. Then he thought, 'What would have Kushi thought?' He saw Kushi's face sweating. Arnav smiled at her.

"Mom, no we were preparing for your presentation So, when are we going?", Kushi said

"After breakfast. Now eat and don't waste time all of you."

***

"Ma, why should I wear this?

"Your bhai's sasural are coming. They have printed the invitation so, get ready", Payal's mom said.

"But my..."

"Payal, we have waited long enough. We should never leave the good alliance for your brother, right?"

Payal simply took the dress and went and changed.

'This Akash' She huffed and got ready. 'Why should I wear saree for this... Leave it. At least let him be happy'.

After few minutes, Payal's mom called her.

"Yes ma?"

"Come with me"

"Okay", she sighed.

"Go and give", Her mother gave her the tea to serve.

"Why me?"

"Don't talk. Just go and give."

"They came?"

"Yes, go fast"

Payal went out of the kitchen and walked out struggling in the saree. Aakash got the sight and when she was about to fall. He came and caught her at the right time and the tea plate. Payal got shocked seeing him and she looked around. She the whole Raizada clan seating there.

"Surprise", Kushi mouthed to Payal.

Payal smiled at her and looked at Aakash.

"Be careful when you walk, Payal."

Payal left Akash and greeted the Raizada family. Payal looked at her father and mother. Her mother smiled and said her to go.

Payal served the tea and snacks. She was still in shock.

"Sorry for the delay. We are very happy to get Payal as our bahu", Arvind said.

"Yes, yes. We should not delay anymore.", Ratna said.

"Definitely, let Payal and Aakash bitwa talk. Payal, take Akash upstairs."

Payal looked at Akash indicating him to follow her.