Welcome To Heaven

Idk what I really tried to do here. I guess I was trying to write shakespeare-ish but not really? Either way I think it turned out pretty good :)

The angel >>>

       In the process of running I’ve realized escaping coercion is unavoidable in most sense. It will hunt and sniff you out, through your life until you’re caught in a corner and the sky above you is nothing but darkness. When all hope is gone is when you’ll be free; when the will to live has seized to make purpose within your fragile mind. Riding along next to a wall of foreboding thoughts, clawing away at your mind as you fly past them, your dreams come closer to reality as you degrade. The ground beneath you will collapse and consume you once those thoughts have gnawed away at your mind enough to the point where you can no longer make sense of what’s wrong and what’s right. Until you can no longer deal with the pain you’ve endured for so long. The air around you will grow heavy with their words – thick like blood – and will choke you with means of your defeat. The hopes in your mind like soft loving hands, having helped you climb to the peak of your power, are now broken and worn, fading over seconds as reality takes its painful blows. Now all that’s left are the remaining strings of faith grasping desperately to your wasted mind. Only a few strings left that will soon be fallen by the duress images that have burned themselves into your brain. There is nothing left for me now.

            I remember the words as clear as day.

            “Welcome to heaven.”

            They were the ones that brought me back. They saved my soul and reinsured my love for myself, clearing my mind of all the possessing thoughts that consumed me. Those three words made me realize I wasn’t as useless as I’d imagined.

            “Safety is all that reigns here,” she said.

            The whistling wind was suddenly so beautiful. The beauty of it all was all I could see behind my eyelids. I counted the seconds and waited for the hatred and sinful thoughts to come back. They didn’t come.

            “Open your eyes, child. You no longer have to cower.”

            On command, I lifted the black cover atop my eyes and let my surroundings immerse me.

            The beauty echoed.

            Everything seemed to freeze at that moment. The wind paused along with the swaying grass and fluttering birds. The scene, in its natural entirety, was forever stored and imprinted into my mind. The colors and the lightness and the angel before me; they held more beauty than I’d ever seen in my few years of life.

            “What is your name, my child?”

            “Of my own a name I do not bear,” I whispered.

            The angel, clad in her majestic lightness, smiled a kind and generous smile. Never before had I seen such a smile other than that of hatred. What a sight it was! My insides heated up and warmth spread over me. This feeling I am experiencing… what is it?

            “Well then, shall we decide a name for thee?”

            My breath caught in my throat and my hands started to shake. A name. A title. Is there such thing for a lifeless being as such? Without need to answer, her delicate smile grew wider.

            “How about Dimia?” she suggested. “Dimia, meaning strong and prideful.”

            “Dimia,” I repeated. “My name now Dimia I call forth such traits as myself defined. I announce my thanks, angel.”

            She curtsied and reached forward, grabbing my hands in hers. Her hands were soft and plush, as if made from a cloud itself. She never let the gentle smile fade.

         “Come with me, Dimia. Come with me into heaven and let your new life begin.”