Chapter 3

Chapter 3!!!!!!!!!!!

We entered the appartment, and only then did I realize that we were still holding hands.

I blushed and let go, and we both went into the kitchen and put what remained of the groceries onto the counter.

A sigh escaped my lips. Now I had homework... yay. Of course, I was thinking about Kankuro all day and my teachers couldn't help but notice my lack of attention, so they decided to give me extra homework! Wooh hooh!!!!! best day ever!!!!! not.

But the work had to be done, so I sat down on the couch, and began my long night of studying.

*1 hour later*

My mind was officially dead. My math homework just killed it. Now it's dead. *Shakes fist angrily at the heavens* WHY!!!!???? WHY MATH HOMEWORK, WHY!!!!!????? WH- wait, where's Kankuro?

I looked around to find that he wasn't in the living room... weird.

Thunk, thunk, thunk.

What was that!?

I made my way to the roof - the source of the odd sound. I opened the door to the roof to see Kankuro back in his character's cloths only without the face-paint, punching and kicking the air - probably training - uuuuuhhhhh... I did not have time to deal with this right now.

I was about to tell him to stop, but got interrupted by five kunai knives that lodged themselves into a random crate.

"OH MY YOGERT!" I screamed in surprise by the sudden throwing of sharp objects. Great, just great. I let a crazy cosplayer who thinks he's a real ninja into my apartment.... that's just wonderful!

"Oh, hey Maggie. Sorry, did I scare you?" He asked with a closed eyed smile while rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. He looked so casual about it, as if he didn't just let two KNIVES just fly around in the air.

"What are you, CRAZY?! I know this may be hard to believe, but normal people don't just go throwing kunai's around all willy-nilly! People could get hurt you know!" I snapped at him. He only sighed. "Maggie, I'm a trained professional. I know what I'm doing, I'm the Kazekage's brother for crying out loud!"

I huffed, this was not going to be easy. I had to tell him... the truth. uuuggghh, I hate the truth.

"Kankuro, you're probably not going to believe this, but you're NOT. You're not the Kazekage's brother, you're not from Suna, Suna doesn't even EXIST. You're name isn't Kankuro, I don't even know what your real name is, but I know that it isn't Kankuro. You're a cosplayer, playing the part of Kankuro in a skit or something, and you probably hit your head, and now you think you're Kankuro, but you're not... Okay?"

Kankuro looked at me with a confused expression. Probably trying to find out if what I'm saying was true or not. "Maggie," He started, "I can SHOW you that I'm not some cosplayer... whatever that is, I can show you that I am from Suna, and when I do, you have to tell me how you knew who I was when we were in the park." I wanted to protest but decided against it, if he wanted to disappoint himself, then so be it. I nodded to him.

He moved his hand to his back. I hadn't noticed it before, but he had Crow on his back, wound tightly together, with only the hair of the puppet sticking out, just like in the show and manga.

He placed the mummy on the ground and held it upright with his hand on top of it's head - kind of like he did in the Chuunin Exams when facing that weird guy that could stretch his arms and legs... that was creepy. He then un-raveled the mummy by pulling on one of the wrappings. Standing next to him, was an exact replica of Crow. Every detail was correct, nothing was out of place.

All of a sudden, the puppet shot forward on it's own, doing a few moves before it opened it's mouth and shot a kunai from it.

My mouth hung open. My throat went dry. I looked to Kankuro, if you looked closely you could see thin glowing blue strings were attached to his fingers, making the puppet move whenever he moved one of his fingers. As I stared at the strange strings, only one word I could think of described them, "Chakura Strings..." I muttered after a few minutes of silence. He nodded his head.

I couldn't believe it, he was the REAL Kankuro. THE REAL KANKURO!!!!!!!! What the heck is going on here!?!?!?!?!?!?

The puppet slowly sunk down to the floor of the roof, as Kankuro started to approach me. He held on to my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"We had a deal. I showed you, now you tell me how you know who I am." I nodded my head and we both went inside. I tried to ask about Crow still being outside, but all I managed to mumble in my shocked state was, "But... but crow, outside, stay, he stay out...?" Yeah, I know, pretty pathetic. What can I say? Kanuro is living in my brother's bedroom!!!

"Don't worry, I'll get him later... You look like you need to eat or something."

He lead me back into the apartment and sat me down on the couch, before he sat in the chair across from it. He listened intently as I explained - or tried to explain, I was still shocked, so it was a little harder to understand what I was saying, but I think he got it - and when I asked him what was happening at home, He answered that Gaara had just been appointed to be Kazekage. Okay, so that means that Shippuden hasn't started yet.

{at least I don't think it did... sorry if I get anything wrong, I haven't gotten to Shippuden yet, and my only source of information is youtube and spoilers... lol!}

He took all of that surprisingly well, he didn't freak out like I was. But after the explanation, I awkwardly told Kankuro that I had him enrolled in my school, and he told me that we better go to bed, saying that he didn't want to be late on his first day.

So I laid in my bed, under the covers, and thought about the boy that was probably asleep in my brother's room. Kankuro, a character from my favorite show Naruto, was living in my apartment.

The last thought in my mind before I drifted off to dreamland was: Crap... I didn't finish my homework.