Stressed // 17

Over the next few months Armin's photography was boosting. He acquired more clients and gained more publicity with magazines and publishes. He never thought he would be this far.

  "I know baby, I miss you too. I should be home Friday."

This is the part Armin never worried about. He always thought that when the time came that he'd be traveling, he wouldn't have anyone to miss at home.

"I'll be here Armin. Don't worry. At least after this one you can stay home for a little while!"

He looked at the screen and saw the bright emerald eyes he loved so much. He hated having to be away.

After they said their good nights and love you's, Armin sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. He stared at the bottles on the bedside table. He didn't tell Eren that he was prescribed new medicine but he didn't have the heart too. He grabbed the bottles and chucked the two pills into his mouth.

  Armin weened off his antidepressants when he and Eren met but once he started traveling and spending more time with clients than his own boyfriend, he started going back to that dark place. He wasn't ashamed to tell Eren but he knew Eren would get worried and Armin didn't want to put that onto him.

Friday ~

Eren had everything set. The candlelight dinner, the bouquet in his hands, and the cheapest yet sharpest suit he could find. He checked his phone and looked at the message from Armin

"I'll be there in 20! Can't wait to be in your arms again."  8:40 pm

It was now 9:05 and Eren could feel his heartbeat in his feet. He checked his pocket and breathed a sigh of relief. Then he heard the knob turning.

  "What Is this Eren?" Armin asked while setting his bags down. "I wanted to surprise you for working so hard. Between having to worry about me and then work I know it's been tough."  He held out the bouquet, Armin placed it in his arms. Eren led him to the table and lifted the lids off the plate revealing a put together meal for both of them.

  After they finished their meals and cleaned up, Eren had to show him one more thing. He grabbed his partners hand and led him along the petal trail that led throughout the house and to the balcony.

"Wow, Eren this is beautiful.." Armin spoke while looking towards the sky, a bright gleam in his eye. (Rhyming on fleek) "Um..Armin?" "Hm?" Armin turned his head towards his boyfriends voice and saw him on one knee. Eren grabbed his hand and held it tight.

  "Armin, I've watched you overcome so many obstacles and never let anything bring you down. You bring out the positives in this cruel world. I thank god or whoever is there that I get to wake up to your beautiful face. To see the hope that lights up in your eyes. Your smile that's so contagious. I thought I lost you once and I never want to lose you again. So, will you, Armin Arlert, make me the happiest man in this shitty world?"

  Armin felt the heat in his cheeks and the tears falling. He gripped Erens hand and smiled.  "Yes..Yes Eren yes.. a thousand times yes.." Eren rose to his feet and kissed his fiancé.

AN: Hello!! I know this is a short and very bad chapter but I wanted to tell you guys that there is only one chapter left, unless it's written as 2 parts, I haven't figured it out. I'm heavily thinking about making a sequel to this but I do want to write more in my other works before! I feel as this story isn't turning out the way I've been working towards but I can't thank you guys for the support you've given this book!